Massachusetts School Bonds May Fall Prey to Budget Reductions
- Kids run bank. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;7/15/2002, Vol. 13 Issue 14, p25
Reports on the educational program for students at Golden Hills Elementary School sponsored by Provident Bank in New York. Enhancement of skills and learning; Program coordinators; Schedule of the educational program.
- Snapshot of SIG. QUILLIN, JESSICA // Education Digest;Jan2012, Vol. 77 Issue 5, p46
An excerpt from the article "Snapshot of SIG: A look at four states' approaches to school turnaround," by Jessica Quillin in the June 30, 2011 issue of the "Center for American Progress" is presented.
- Property crisis poses threat to BSF funding. // Contract Journal;9/24/2008, Vol. 444 Issue 6692, p19
The article reports on the implication of the economic slowdown to the Building Schools for the Future (BSF) fundings in Great Britain. Tim Boyles, chief of the Partnerships for Schools, warned that the falling land and property prices could lead to the shortage of funds for BSF. Byles shared...
- Results of Negotiated Sales. // Bond Buyer;6/13/2014, Vol. 1 Issue F323, p1
The article lists competitive sales of several bonds including the School Improvement Bonds Series 2014, the General Obligation Bonds, Election of 2008, Series C and the Water System Revenue Bonds, Series 2014C in several U.S. states including Arizona, Connecticut and Indiana, as of June 2014.
- SU launches second round of Connective Corridor FaÃ§ade Improvement Program. MAYA GAO QIAN // Business Journal (Central New York);4/19/2013, Vol. 27 Issue 16, p1
The article reports on the $250,000 grant received by Syracuse University (SU) from the Central New York Regional Economic Development Council to finance the launch of the second Connective Corridor FaÃ§ade Improvement Program (FIP).
- SCHOOL IMPROVEMENT. KELLEHER, MAUREEN // Education Week;8/10/2011, Vol. 30 Issue 37, p5
The article discusses the report "Pre-K as a School Turnaround Strategy," by Pre-K Now, the advocacy group which calls for U.S. federal School Improvement Grants to include funding for comprehensive preschool through third grade "transformation" funding.
- WISCONSIN. CAVANAGH, SEAN // Education Week;1/30/2013, Vol. 32 Issue 19, p21
The article offers a summary of Wisconsin governor Scott Walker's January 2013 State of the State address, in which he discusses topics about the state's education, including the financing of school improvement programs for failing schools and the importance of education for employment.
- L.A. Couple Donates $50 Million To Back Mayor's Reform Efforts. Maxwell, Lesli A. // Education Week;10/3/2007, Vol. 27 Issue 6, p4
The article reports that Richard and Melanie Lundquist, real estate developers in Los Angeles, California, pledged millions of dollars to support Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa's education reform initiatives for the city's low-performing schools. The money, to be paid over a 10-year period, is to be...
- MONTANA: A Competition of One. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;10/17/2008, Vol. 366 Issue 32984, p9
The article reports on the pricing of Billings Special Improvement District No. 1385 bonds at $5.36 million in unrated bonds to yield between 5.4% for 2011 maturities in Billings, Montana. The pricing of the bonds are aimed for a special improvement district in a competitive sale drawing only...