News In Brief: Consumer Confidence Slumps to 82.2
- How Can That Be? Greenberg, Dean // Inside Tucson Business;7/14/2003, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p8
Comments on the rise and fall of consumer confidence in the U.S. Concerns of Americans about potential unemployment and negative wage growth; Importance for monetary policy to support consumption and discourage savings during periods of economic stagnation.
- Consumer Confidence Edges Down to 74.2. Temple-West, Patrick // Bond Buyer;1/31/2011, Vol. 375 Issue 33458, p2
The article reports on the 74.2 decrease in the U.S. consumer confidence in January 2011.
- Consumer confidence. Jabaily, Robert; Werkema, Joel // Regional Review;Summer93, Vol. 3 Issue 3, p20
Discusses the concept of consumer confidence. Economic impact of consumer confidence; History of the concept of consumer confidence; Arguments for the importance of consumer confidence; Factors affecting consumer confidence. INSETS: Confidence men.;Questions of confidence..
- Business & Finance. Carden, Lance; Atkin, Ross // Christian Science Monitor;12/29/99, Vol. 92 Issue 25, p20
Reports business news briefs as of December 29, 1999, including statistics on consumer confidence in the United States during December.
- Consumer confidence index surges to peak in May. Owens, Jennifer // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;5/28/1997, Vol. 173 Issue 99, p3
Reports that consumer confidence index in the United States has increased to almost nine points in May 1997, according to the Conference Board's survey. Comparison with the April figures; Performance of the two components that make up the overall index; Highlights of the survey.
- July consumer confidence index gathers steam. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;7/26/1995, Vol. 170 Issue 16, p17
Reports on the rebound in the Conference Board's consumer confidence index in July 1995. Americans' optimism about economic conditions; Business climate.
- July consumer confidence at 6-year high. Ramey, Joanna // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;7/31/1996, Vol. 172 Issue 21, p11
Reports that American consumer confidence regained strength in July 1996 signalling a more positive outlook toward the economy's direction according to the Conference Board.
- Consumer confidence falls for October. Ramey, Joanna // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;10/30/1996, Vol. 172 Issue 83, p13
Reports that consumer confidence dipped almost six points in October according to the Conference Board. Strong holiday spending season; Increase in consumer debt and personal bankruptcies; Consumers' reaction to the slowing down of the economy.
- Consumer confidence up in Sept. Owens, Jennifer // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;10/1/1997, Vol. 174 Issue 65, p23
Reports on the increased in the Consumer Confidence Index for the month of September 1997, according to the Conference Board. Analysis of Lynn Franco, associate director of the Conference Board's Consumer Research Center, on the significance of the stability of confidence index to the economy;...
- Consumer confidence again rises to 28-year high in June. Ramey, Joanna // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;6/25/1997, Vol. 173 Issue 119, p20
Focuses on the record consumer confidence posted in June 1997 as measured by the Conference Board in the United States. Decrease in other components of the index such as short-term expectations of the economy's direction despite an overall increase; Increase in consumer confidence since May.