Ascension Health Plans $1B Offering
- Ascension's big deal highlights a burst of new issuance. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;10/11/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30744, p3A
Reports on the plan of Ascension Health to issue 2.4 billion bonds. Merger of Daughters of Charity National Health System and the Sisters of Saint Joseph Health System; Structure of the bonds.
- Ascension's $1.3 billion deal. Carlson, Joe // Modern Healthcare;3/15/2010, Vol. 40 Issue 11, p0012
The article focuses on the plan of Ascension Health to close and consolidate its operations in Southern Michigan. It states that the bonds offered to Connecticut, Michigan, Wisconsin, Rutherford County in Tennessee, and Tarrant County in Texas received a 4.825% interest on 670 million U.S....
- Innovative Ascension. Hanson, Matthew; Posner, Matthew // Bond Buyer;11/15/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32509, p1
The article reports that Ascension Health, a nonprofit health care company, will close on over $912 million debts it priced on November 2, 2006. According to the company, it is prepared to sell either fixed-rate or variable-rate bonds. The company will sell $917.9 million of fixed-rate debt and...
- MIDWEST Bond-Watch. Shields, Yvette; Wisniewski, Mary // Bond Buyer;12/13/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31036, p29
Presents news items related to bonds and the securities industry in the United States as of December 13, 2000. Approval of a bond deal for the Illinois Institute of Technology; Ascension Health's sale of variable-rate revenue bonds; Indiana Bond Bank's sale of revolving fund program bonds.
- Leading the way. Benko, Laura B. // Modern Healthcare;1/17/2005, Vol. 35 Issue 3, p14
Reports on the plan of Ascension Health Inc. to issue subordinate bonds on January 19, 2005. Value of the subordinate bonds to be issued by the health system; Debt of the company upon the issuance of bonds; Contract signed by Ascension with Computer Sciences Corp.
- In wake of ascension: Too many choices, too little cash. Ryst, Sonja // Bond Buyer;10/18/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30749, p9
Focuses on the increasing bond issuance activities in the United States. Total financing for Ascension Health; California Health Facilities' bond deal underwritten by Goldman Sachs & Co.; Liquidity of a deal underwritten by PaineWebber Inc.; Ratings received by Massachusetts Water Pollution...
- St. Louis' Ascension Health Insists IRS Probe Won't Hurt Tax-Exempts' Status. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;05/15/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30891, p44
Reports that Ascension Health are reassuring bondholders that the tax-exempt status of their investment is safe, after it disclosed that the United States Internal Revenue Service is probing a deal that helped finance the merger that created Ascension. IRS' investigation of whether the bonds...
- Ascension At It Again. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;10/25/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32494, p1
The article reports on the plan of Ascension Health Inc. to sell $940 million of refunding and new-money bonds. The sale, which is part of a capital program, has received an upgraded rating from Fitch Ratings. The bonds will be issued either as fixed or variable rate. Several bond issues include...
- Ascension Affirmed. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;3/1/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32329, p33
The article reports on Moody's Investors Service's affirmation of its Aa2 underlying rating and stable outlook on Ascension Health's senior debt and the Aa3 rating on its subordinate bonds. The health system is preparing to increase its capital spending over the next few years from 2006. The...