California Power Official Proposes Tax-Exempt Financing as Incentive
- L.A. utility chief floats plan to cut jobs, $4 billion of debt. Berkman, Leslie // Bond Buyer;10/30/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30263, p1
Discusses the reorganization plan proposed by Los Angeles Department of Water and Power general manager S. David Freeman for his utility to survive. Job cuts; Aim to shed debt from power-generation operations over five years; Freeman's caution that the largest American municipal utility will be...
- Facing deregulation, L.A. utility must choose between raised rates and layoffs. Berkman, Leslie // Bond Buyer;11/21/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30278, p3
Reports on the restructuring plan of California's Los Angeles Department of Water and Power under general manager S. David Freeman. Freeman's views on the possibility of a electric power rate increase; Reactions to the proposed layoffs in the agency; Prospects of the agency in the state's...
- Will deregulation bring `cleaner' electricity? Berkman, Leslie // Bond Buyer;02/02/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30322, p34
Focuses on electric utility executive S. David Freeman's prediction that the long-term impact of power deregulation in California will mean that the public will decide the kinds of power plants that will be built. Advocacy of environmentally clean energy sources; Belief that the public will...
- California Governor Names Freeman Head of Power Authority. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;8/15/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31203, p3
Reports that California Governor Gray Davis has appointed S. David Freeman as head of Consumer Power and Conservation Financing Authority. Sale of five billion dollar of revenue bonds by the authority; Improvement of California's energy market.
- Freeman Leaving LADWP to Become Davis Energy Adviser. Finestone., Deborah // Bond Buyer;04/18/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31120, p3
Reports on the resignation of S. David Freeman as general manager of the Los Angeles Department of Water and Power to become an energy adviser to Governor Gray Davis. Career history of Freeman; Job responsibilities.
- The 'Green Cowboy.'. Nall, Stephanie // Journal of Commerce (1542-3867);12/10/2007, Vol. 8 Issue 49, p22
This article features S. David Freeman, who was selected by Los Angeles, California Mayor Antonio Villaragoisa as president of the Los Angeles Harbor Commission. It explains that Freeman is the former head of the Tennessee Valley Authority and has held various top posts in several public...
- Ageless Young Turk. Gurwitt, Rob // Governing;Apr2006, Vol. 19 Issue 7, p22
The article features S. David Freeman, chairman of the Los Angeles Harbor Commission which oversees the Port of Los Angeles in California. The Port of Los Angeles is a huge player in the economy of the region but is also considered as an unprincipled polluter. The Port of Los Angeles has changed...
- Energy (Book Review). // LJ: Library Journal;3/1/1975, Vol. 100 Issue 5, p449
Reviews the book 'Energy: The New Era,' by S. David Freeman.
- Barriers to Thinking New about Energy. Nader, Laura // Industrial Physicist;Aug/Sep2002, Vol. 8 Issue 4, p24
Comments on the discussion of energy system barriers. Implication of anthropology on energy system; Inconsideration of human component in energy source planning; Relation of energy problem with social issues. INSET: Untitled, by Laura Nader..