MISSOURI: K.C. Development
- Arizona Town's $80 Million Measure Attracts Much Attention Across State. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;5/13/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31634, p6
In the conservative suburbs of Phoenix, Arizona winning approval of a bond issue is never a sure thing. But in the rapidly growing town of Gilbert, an 80 million dollar bond proposal to widen congested streets is generating an unusual level of political rancor. Even conservative Republican...
- Indiana vs. Indianapolis. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;4/27/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32120, p1
The article reports that Indiana Governor Mitch Daniels and it's capital city Indianapolis remained at odds in the last week of April 2005 on whether the state or the city will sell bonds that would fund a nearly $1 billion stadium and convention center project. The plan for financing the...
- Bond Plan Advances. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;4/9/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31361, p28
Focuses on the issuance of lease revenue bonds to finance state project in Oklahoma. Inclusion of the bond package in the funds; Oppositions to the debt package; Criteria for choosing the projects to fund.
- Las Cruces, N.M., Sets $33M Sale To Fund City Hall, Other Projects. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;8/9/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32192, p29
Reports on the allocation of proceeds from a scheduled competitive sale of gross receipts tax revenue bonds in Las Cruses, New Mexico. Deal with needs related to population growth; Consolidation of a number of scattered city operations; Support of the capital improvement program.
- Chicago Approves New-Money Refunding, Restructuring. // Bond Buyer;5/15/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32876, p7
The article reports that the proposed bond issuance of up to $2.2 billion of revenue and general obligation bonds has been approved by the Chicago City Council in Illinois. The amount totaled from the $900 million of new money and refunding general obligation debt, the $700 million of new-money...
- A Seductive Solution: The Grand Bargain and the Future of Oregon Planning. Sullivan, Edward J.; Richter, Carrie A. // State & Local Law News;Summer2014, Vol. 37 Issue 4, p6
The article focuses on legal amendments to the Portland Metropolitan urban growth boundary, under Oregon law.
- Bill supporting entrepreneurship in urban centers stumbles. VÉLEZ, EVA LLORÉNS // Caribbean Business;10/13/2011, Vol. 39 Issue 40, p29
The article reports on a delay which has been seen in the passage of Puerto Rican legislation which would allow the country's Planning Board to designate entrepreneurial development zones in traditional urban centers.
- Oppenheimer Got Boost From Kansas City Deals. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;2/15/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32320, p1
The article reports on the selection of Oppenheimer & Co. as the book-runner of negotiated sales for major development projects in Kansas City. The firm's long-time involvement in developing financing strategies and negotiating with developers serve as the factor for the book-running spot it has...
- Reno, Nev., Plans Refunding of $40M in Redevelopment Debt. Cohen, Jackie // Bond Buyer;2/28/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32328, p6
The article discusses the plan of the government of Reno, Nevada to provide current and advance refundings of about $40 million in the first half of 2006 to refinance outstanding balances on the bonds issued over the course of redeveloping its downtown areas and to move ahead on details of a...