INDIANA: Dueling Stimulus Plans
- Fiscal woes preoccupy Gov. O'Bannon in 2001. // Indianapolis Business Journal;12/31/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 43, p12
Reports on the concerns of Indiana Governor Frank O'Bannon over the fiscal woes of the state. Proposal of the use of surplus gambling money to help the decrease of tax revenue; Reactions to the governor's proposal to increase cigarette tax; Veto of several spending bills from the General...
- Legislators' to-do list keeps getting longer. // Indianapolis Business Journal;03/13/2000, Vol. 20 Issue 53, p12
Editorial. Criticizes the delay in Indiana legislators' passage of bills on key issues. Assembly of special sessions; Need for the legislature to reconvene to discuss the property tax issue; Disagreement between legislators and Indiana Governor Frank O'Bannon.
- Facing $1.3B Shortfall, Governor Looks to Tap Build Indiana Fund. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;3/22/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31350, p37
Reports decision of Indiana governor Frank O'Bannon to use the Build Indiana Fund to make up for revenue shortfalls. Failure of the state legislature to resolve the revenue deficit; Details of the establishment of the fund; Impact of revenue shortfalls on projects.
- Welcome boost for rail. // Indianapolis Business Journal;5/19/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 10, p12
Comments on the approval of the proposed budget expenditure legislation of Governor Frank O'Bannon by the General Assembly in Indiana.
- O'Bannon breaks promises with fancy footwork. Feigenbaum, Edward D. // Indianapolis Business Journal;03/27/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p10A
Focuses on the legislative bills with budget implications signed and vetoed by Indiana Governor Frank O'Bannon. Measures signed into law include the Medicaid disability bill and the compromise between business and organized labor that ratchets up payment for unemployment compensation;...
- Full plate awaits state lawmakers. Culbertson, Katie // Indianapolis Business Journal;01/04/99, Vol. 19 Issue 43, p3
Analyzes issuer pertaining to legislative bodies in Indianapolis, Indiana, as they open the 1999 session on January 5. Likelihood of sweeping tax reform; Governor Frank O'Bannon's budget proposal; Proposed tax cuts over the next four years; Reaction of the business community to the upwardly...
- O'Bannon plan's pitfalls not just puffs of smoke. Barkey, Patrick // Indianapolis Business Journal;12/16/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 41, p30
Focuses on the proposal of governor Frank O'Bannon on tobacco settlement. Reduction of tobacco settlement trust fund; Inauguration of Energize Indiana initiative; Program of spending on a range of economic development initiatives.
- Wetlands policy remains in limbo. Olson, Scott // Indianapolis Business Journal;5/26/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 11, p19A
Reports on the decision of the Indiana governor Frank O'Bannon to veto House Bill 1798 which sets policy and regulations regarding inland wetlands. Reasons for the importance of a state regulatory policy; Reasons given by the governor for his veto; Concerns that most isolated wetlands would...
- Governor fails to hike legislative pulse rate. Feigenbaum, Ed // Indianapolis Business Journal;1/21/2002, Vol. 22 Issue 46, p14
Comments on Indiana Governor Frank O'Bannon's January 2002 State of the State Address. O'Bannon's inability to build a stronger case for his programs; Absence of new programs to be launched; Unlikelihood that true tax hikes will be implemented; Need for the state to generate additional revenue;...