Upcoming $72M Sale Will Fund Arena For California State University Fresno
- CSU Tests the Waters. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;1/8/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31548, p1
Reports that Trustees of the California State University plan to issue several million dollars of insured system-wide revenue bonds as of January 8, 2003. Reasons for issuing bonds; Details of the deal; Ratings of these bonds awarded by ratings company Moody's Investors Service Inc.
- N.Y. Dorm To Refund $885 Million. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;9/6/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31465, p1
Reports the selling of the bonds of New York State Dormitory Authority to refund debt to finance State University of New York educational facility. Schedule for the marketing of the bonds; Amount expected in present-value savings from the deal; Arrangements for the rate of the bonds.
- OHIO: Ohio State Deals. Wisniewski, Mary // Bond Buyer;11/28/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31273, p37
Reports on the plans of the Ohio State University, Ohio to sell variable-rate bonds worth millions of dollars. Book-runner and underwriter of the sale; Co-managers of the sale; Outstanding debt of the university; Ratings assigned by various rating agencies to the bonds.
- Legal Victory for Memphis Arena Sets Stage for Pre-Spring Bond Sale. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;12/14/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31285, p40
Reports on refusal of appeal for issuance of revenue bonds for building a multi-million dollar basketball arena in Memphis, Tennessee. Issuance of debts through Shelby County Sports Authority; Expected interest rates for the issued bonds; Companies that will serve as bond counsel.
- Court Clears Oklahoma Higher Ed Deal. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;1/31/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32309, p5
The article reports on the refusal of the Oklahoma Supreme Court to rehear a failed challenge to the federally taxable bonds, the sale of which will push through to fund endowed chairs at state colleges and universities in Oklahoma. The proceeds from the bond issuance will be used to generate...
- Texas Lawmakers Work to Pass $3.7B of Tuition Revenue Bonds. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;5/15/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32381, p6
The article focuses on the actions of Texas legislature concerning the approval of the 3.7 billion dollars of tuition revenue bonds to finance projects for state colleges and universities. The house had reached a consensus on the tuition revenue bond issue, which provide funding for public...
- University Funding. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;4/5/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32104, p27
Reports on the compromise budget for fiscal 2006 in Kansas. Plans of the House and Senate members to authorize issuance of bonds to expand research operations at three state universities; Inquiry into budget maneuvering at the University of Kansas Medical Center.
- California State University in Market With $165M Sale. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;2/4/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31814, p3
Reports on the retail order period of the California State University System for its revenue bond sale. Amount of refunding bonds offered; Proceeds of the bonds; Aim to create an efficient borrowing structure with a diverse revenue base.
- Raleigh State Set to Deal. Temple-West, Patrick // Bond Buyer;4/15/2010, Vol. 372 Issue 33300, p9
The article reports that the North Carolina State University (NCSU) at Raleigh is expected to issue 77.5 million dollars of tax-exempt and Build America Bonds (BABs) that will help NCSU fund a veterinary hospital, parking garage and student services in Raleigh.