Maryland Governor Proposes Raising Cap on State's Capital Debt Issuance
- Outgoing Maryland Gov. Unveils Borrowing Budget. Vekshin, Alison // Bond Buyer;1/23/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31309, p4
Reports on the plans of Maryland Governor Parris N. Glendening to finance the state's fiscal 2003 capital budget with general obligation bonds. Reasons behind issue of bonds for the capital budget; Provisions of the transportation construction budget.
- Northeast. Vadum, Mathew // Bond Buyer;01/24/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30813, p2A
Reports on Maryland Governor Parris Glendening's proposed operating budget in 2000.
- Maryland House Breaks With Governor On Budget, Refuses to Delay Tax Cut. Vekshin, Alison // Bond Buyer;3/27/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31353, p5
Reports the passing of a budget bill by governor, Parris N. Glendening before the house of delegates in Maryland. Reduction of the fundings for governors; Completion of the budget process by the legislature; Details on the meeting of the Senate and house of representatives.
- Gov. Glendening Proposes Plan for $563.3 Million in Bonds. Floyd, Daniel F. // Bond Buyer;01/25/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31064, p6
Reports on Maryland Governor Parris N. Glendening's proposal that the state issue $563.3 million in bonds, including $483.3 million in general obligation bonds and $80 million in revenue bonds. Announcement of a fiscal 2002 capital budget that is directed primarily toward public school...
- Budget teeters on cigarette tax. // State Government News;Mar99, Vol. 42 Issue 2, p6
Reports on a cigarette tax increase in Maryland on which the state's budget depends. Statement from Maryland Governor Parris Glendening.
- Glendening Wants College Affordable for Everyone. Portner, Jessica // Education Week;01/24/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 19, p16
Reports on Governor Parris Glendening's proposed budget for education in Maryland.
- Maryland colleges would benefit from $669M in GOs. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;01/04/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30800, p4
Reports on Maryland Governor Parris N. Glendening's plan to issue funds in general obligation (GO) debt until 2004 to finance construction at public college campuses. Breakdown of allocation of funds; GO bond portion of the funding package as within the state's capital debt affordability limits.
- Glendening eyes Maryland surplus, not bonds, to pay for Wilson bridge. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;10/15/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30748, p7
Reports on Maryland Governor Parris Glendening's plans to use part of the state's budget surplus to pay for its share in the construction work on the Woodrow Wilson Bridge. Amount proposed by Glendening for the project; Maryland's options in financing the project; Current condition of the bridge.
- Governor proposes $501M of bonds for 2001. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;01/26/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30815, p4
Reports that Maryland Governor Parris N. Glendening is proposing that the state issue general obligation bonds and revenue bonds as part of its fiscal 2001 capital budget.