Georgia's Barnes Considering $1 Billion in New GO Debt
- Barnes set to make new waves. Shipp, Bill // Georgia Trend;Dec99, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p25
Profiles Georgia governor Roy Eugene Barnes selected as the `Georgia Trend' magazine's Georgian of the Year for 1999. Legacy as the last governor of the 20th century; Importance placed on education in the state; Previous work done as a lawyer; Agenda for the state's future; Aggressive approach...
- Roy Barnes. // Campaigns & Elections (1996);Apr2002, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p18
Features Georgia Governor Roy Barnes (D-Ga.). Career in politics; Academic background; Political and social views.
- When Johnny comes marching home. Shipp, Bill // Georgia Trend;Mar2000, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p126
Comments on the performance of Roy Barnes as governor of Georgia. Insights on educational reform and abolishment of teacher tenure; Plans to run for a second term in the 2002 election; Involvement in controversial issues; List of possible successor of Barnes; Probability of Congressman Johnny...
- Georgia's Governor Touts $1.3 Billion Bond Plan. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;1/10/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31301, p4
Reports on the revelation of $1.3 billion bond plan by Georgia's governor Roy Barnes to provide an economic stimulus for the state. Opportunities for employment by increasing the building construction; Inclusions in the governor's proposal; Criticism of the proposal.
- Revisiting The Titanic. Shipp, Bill // Georgia Trend;Sep2003, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p130
Just a year ago, Governor of Georgia Roy Barnes launched what was then known as the mother of all re-election campaigns. It was more expensive, more intrusive and more elaborate than any Georgia re-election bid had ever been. By the time it was over on November 5, 2002, the Barnes bandwagon had...
- A Map to the Future. Young, Neely // Georgia Trend;Sep2001, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p10
Comments the funding of transportation program for the Metro Atlanta region in Atlanta, Georgia. Allocation of funds for the road building project by Governor Roy Barnes; Criticisms on the components of 20-20 vision plans and revenue bonds of the federal funds; Focus on clean air pollution and...
- A Lightning Rod For Change and Controversy. Shipp, Bill // Georgia Trend;Jan2002, Vol. 17 Issue 5, p24
Focuses on the political life of Georgia Governor Roy Barnes, a member of the democratic party. Criticisms on the administration of Barnes; Achievements in politics; Discussion on the political plans of the governor.
- What's Barnes really like? Shipp, Bill // Georgia Trend;Jan99, Vol. 14 Issue 5, p94
Speculates on what kind of governor that Roy Eugene Barnes will be for Georgia. Profile on Barnes; Activities during the first weeks after the November 1998 elections; Barnes' advantage over former Governor Zell Miller; Outlook for Barnes' chances of passing his legislative agenda.
- `Going national' risky. Shipp, Bill // Georgia Trend;Sep99, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p146
Comments on the political performance of Georgia governor Roy Barnes. Barnes' rating in the public-opinion polls; Barnes as an advocate of environmental protection; Criticisms against Barnes' projects.