Brown & Williamson Asks N.Y. for Lower Annual Payments
- Computer glitch sparks account loss. Lafayette, J.; Dagnoli, J. // Advertising Age;1/13/1992, Vol. 63 Issue 2, p44
Details how Geer, Dubois lost about $25 million in Brown & Williamson Tobacco Corp. billings last week due to a computer error in handling the client's money that went undetected for two years. Leading to a half-year audit by the client; Contributing to the account loss; Reassigned business to...
- The phenomenal B & W plant. Heffernan, Tony // Georgia Trend;Sep97, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p48
Focuses on the Brown & Williamson Tobacco Corporation, credited as the largest and most technologically advanced cigarette manufacturing plant in the world and the largest private sector payroll in Middle Georgia. Comment that the company is unknown in the rest of the state; Number of...
- breaking: Kool. // Advertising Age;10/20/1997, Vol. 68 Issue 42, p6
Focuses on the `B Kool' advertising campaign of Brown & Williamson Tobacco Corp. Details of the advertisements.
- Smoke and Mirrors. Jensen, Trevor // Adweek Eastern Edition;10/4/1999, Vol. 40 Issue 40, p5
Reports on the telephone service of tobacco company Brown & Williamson Tobacco Corp. Attention given to Lucky Strike Filters; Description of the voice message.
- Smoke and Mirrors. Jensen, Trevor // Adweek Midwest Edition;10/04/99, Vol. 40 Issue 40, p88
Focuses on the advertising approach of Brown & Williamson tobacco company. Details on their advertising campaign technique.
- B&W's Capri Blows `Less Smoke' Message. Beirne, Mike // Brandweek;07/03/2000, Vol. 41 Issue 27, p6
Provides information on the advertisements created by Grey Direct for Brown & Williamson's tobacco products. Features of the print and direct mail campaigns; Target audience; Tagline used; Amount spent by the company on advertising in 1999.
- Lucky Strikes Chilly Puffers. Beirne, Mike // Brandweek;12/13/99, Vol. 40 Issue 47, p8
Describes the efforts of Brown & Williamson Tobacco in promoting its cigarette Lucky Strike. Airports visited by the Lucky Strike crew; Objective behind the effort; Message.
- Brown & Williamson eyes Puerto Rico. Trinidad, Pablo J. // Caribbean Business;7/22/1993, Vol. 21 Issue 29, p6
Reports on Brown and Williamson Tobacco Corp.'s plan of establishing manufacturing operations in Puerto Rico. Cigarette brands; Scouting for possible locations.
- B&W deal could burn some brands. Teinowitz, Ira; Downer, Stephen // Advertising Age;5/2/1994, Vol. 65 Issue 19, p51
Reports on the possible implications of the combination of American Tobacco Co. and Brown & Williamson Tobacco Corp. Building of a strengthened third major global tobacco marketer; Elimination of some American brands; Brown & Williamson's acknowledgment of a possible consolidation resulting from...