News In Brief: Dec. Retail Sales, Ex-Autos, Off 0.1%
- The Tucson: INSIDER. // Inside Tucson Business;10/28/2011, Vol. 21 Issue 21, p5
The article offers insights and trends on developing and ongoing business in Tucson, Arizona including the call by Michael Keith of Downtown Tucson Partnership to stop referring Tucson as a central business district and the depressed retail market in the city.
- Retail trends. // BRW;7/10/2008, Vol. 30 Issue 27, p56
A list of trends in the retail industry is presented.
- Town And Country Looks Meld At Enk Show. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;1/26/2012, Vol. 203 Issue 17, p4b
The article presents information on fashion trends the U.S. and Great Britain which include a focus on men's sweaters, luxury items, and sport coats. It is noted that the mild U.S. winter may be contributing to weak sales of outwear in 2012, as well as a focus on water-repellent blazers and...
- In the Future of Retail, We're Never Not Shopping. Reinartz, Werner // Harvard Business Review Digital Articles;3/10/2016, p2
In the article, the author discusses developments and trends in the retailing sector as of March 2016, particularly the paradigm shift toward customer need rather than the shop as seen in such trends as instant purchasing and subscription-based purchasing.
- The Retail Divide: Leadership in a world of extremes. Gagnon, Joseph L.; Thomas, David; Chu, Julian // European Retail Digest;Spring2005, Issue 45, p60
Presents an outlook of the retail industry in 2010. Evolution of consumer marketplace; Key trends that are redrawing the rules of competition in the retail industry; Strategies that retailers must employ to maintain relevance in a complex and polarized market.
- Holiday Trends Reflect Broader Retail Changes. Woldt, Jeffrey // MMR;11/14/2011, Vol. 28 Issue 17, p16
In this article the author discusses the trends during holiday season, which demonstrate comprehensive changes in the retail industry.
- Spotting Retail's Future in History's First Draft. ORGEL, DAVID // SN: Supermarket News;10/22/2012, Vol. 60 Issue 43, p8
The author reflects on the importance to determine the trends and developments that will have a lasting impact on the U.S. retail industry.
- Top 10 Trends for Retailers in 2011. // Chain Store Age;Feb2011, Vol. 87 Issue 2, p12
The article reports on trends for retailers in 2011 and the medium-term future identified by retail analysts at Standard & Poor's (S&P) Equity Research, including increased focus on international markets to boost growth rates, aggregate online retail growth of 10 percent as consumers...
- UP, UP AND AWAY. // Retail Traffic;Sep2006, Vol. 35 Issue 9, p120
Several charts on retail real estate's vacancy and construction trends in San Diego, Los Angeles and Inland Empire in California are presented.