News In Brief: McGreevey Sworn N.J. Governor
- McGreevey on a Mission. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;2/27/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31333, p1
Focuses on the activities of New Jersey governor James E. McGreevy. Budget gap of the state; Nomination of chief of the state's Sports & Exposition Authority by the governor; Operating subsidy received by the authority in 2002.
- McGreevey Makes it Official. Mulroy, Gene J. // Business News New Jersey;03/20/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 12, p14
Comments on Woodbridge Mayor James McGreevey's announcement that he is seeking the Democratic Party's nomination for governor of New Jersey. Possible opponents of McGreevey in the gubernatorial election; Legislative developments of interest to New Jersey's business community; Enactment of a law...
- Camden, N.J., Board Rejects Governor's Order on Chief. Reid, Karla Scoon // Education Week;9/24/2003, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p4
The article reports that Camden, New Jersey's school board has rejected governor James E. McGreevey's order regarding the district superintendent's contract. Asserting that New Jersey governor has overstepped his authority, Camden school board members have voted to reaffirm their negotiated...
- NEW JERSEY SEEKS SECOND IN COMMAND. // State Legislatures;Jan2005, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p7
Focuses on the problem facing New Jersey regarding the absence of a lieutenant governor in the state. Background on the resignation of Governors Christie Whitman and James E. McGreevy; Public officer who serves as an acting governor; Information on a legislation introduced by Assembly Speaker...
- NEW JERSEY: Budget Plug. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;2/11/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31322, p35
Focuses on the move made by James E. McGreevey, governor of New Jersey to plug budget deficits as of February 11, 2002. State funds from where money will be used to finance the deficits.
- N.J. Governor Signs Bill Requiring Black History In All Schools. // Jet;9/23/2002, Vol. 102 Issue 14, p6
Focuses on legislation signed by New Jersey Governor James E. McGreevy which is aimed at incorporating Afro-American history into the traditional curriculum of New Jersey's schools.
- Report: N.J. Governor, YankeeNets Agree on Newark Arena. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;5/3/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31379, p4
Reports the financing of arena by governor James E. McGreevy and YankeeNets company in Newark, New Jersey. Amount of the funds; Request of the financiers for bonds from the Sports and Exposition Authority; Contributors for the bonds of the arena.
- TAX REBATES FOR THE DEPARTED. // njbiz;8/9/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 32, p2
Reports on the tax rebate issued by New Jersey Governor James E. McGreevy to the deceased Grace M. Frawley. Purpose of the tax rebate; Comment from Frawley's son Robert Frawley.
- N.J. mandates medical error reporting. // Drug Topics;5/17/2004, Vol. 148 Issue 10, p10
Reports that New Jersey governor James McGreevy signed into law the Patient Safety Act requiring all healthcare facilities to report serious, preventable medical errors to state health officials.