- Park City to invest $3.1 million in schools. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;12/25/95, Vol. 25 Issue 26, p7
Reports that Park City School District is accepting bids from general constructors to build a new middle school, district offices and the expansion of the district's sole high school. Closing date for bids; Funding; Location of new school.
- Innovative PFI schools project shortlists four. // Contract Journal;9/25/2002, Vol. 415 Issue 6396, p3
Reports on the shortlist of bidders made by Enfield and the Newham Council for its schools construction project. Companies included in the shortlist; Motive for making a shortlist; Benefits of the joint project to small councils; Cost of the project.
- New Rules for N.Y. Schools. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;5/13/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31385, p1
Reports the plan of school districts to stretch out funds for school construction projects in New York. Deals on the deficit financing bonds; Formation of refunding program; Amount of money needed for the construction.
- Owl Dilemma Delays School Construction Near Tucson. Jennings, Mark // Education Week;04/12/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 31, p16
Deals with the role of the pygmy owl in the delay of the construction of a high school in Pima County, Arizona. Actions taken by environmentalist groups to prevent the construction of the school in Pima; Impact of the urban sprawl in Tucson, Arizona on the population of the pygmy owl; Features...
- School Bills. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;9/30/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31730, p51
Reports on the action taken by Joint Legislative Budget Committee to increase spending for school construction and maintenance against the lawsuit filed by several school districts in the U.S. Amount of funds required in extra spending; Background of the case.
- All Receive According to Their Needs. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;12/15/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31038, p1
Reports on the California State Allocation Board's plan to adopt a need-based system of allocating school construction matching funds. Implications for districts' needs to issue debt; California's response to a Los Angeles Superior Court ruling that showed the failure of the state's first-come,...
- Plenty of Blame To Go Around. Taber, George M. // njbiz;2/21/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 8, p12
Comments on the charges about the management of funding by Schools Construction Corp. for the reconstruction of schools in New Jersey. Executives from the construction industry who were appointed to run the schools development program; Amount of fund spent annually for the project; Demands of...
- Midwest Faces Hodge-Podge of Ballots. Devitt, Caitlin; Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;11/2/2009, Vol. 370 Issue 33209, p1
The article reports on the election for more than 3.3 billion dollars of borrowing in the Midwest. It states that Ohio leads the ballot with at least 47 bond referendums worth 1.1 billion dollars, followed by Michigan and Indiana with a total of 1.625 billion dollars. It notes that many of the...
- School bill stalls. Ward, Andrew // Bond Buyer;01/03/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30799, p2A
Presents news updates pertaining to a legislation that would help Michigan school districts leverage up to $650 million of bonds for new school construction projects.