MICHIGAN: Land Sale Gets Nod
- Bridge prep work continues amid effort to win federal funds. GAUTZ, CHRIS // Crain's Detroit Business;9/15/2014, Vol. 30 Issue 37, p0006
The article discusses the ongoing prep work for the New International Trade Crossing across the Detroit River in Michigan in September 2014. Topics covered include what the Canadian government will pay in the project, the first land acquisition being finalized by Michigan, and how the Detroit...
- Developers watch council vote on home project. Ankeny, Robert // Crain's Detroit Business;02/16/98, Vol. 14 Issue 7, p43
Reports on the vote of the Detroit City Council on the Detroit CityHomes project which is scheduled for the week of February 16, 1998. Perception of the developers on the vote; Value of the project; Significance of the project; Creators of the project; Comments from Charles Allen, president and...
- Detroit approves $1.8 billion casino plan. // Jet;04/27/98, Vol. 93 Issue 22, p14
Reports that the Detroit City Council approved a $1.8 billion plan to develop a casino. Information on the approval to be given by the State Gaming and Control Board; Who the franchises were awarded to; Views of Mayor Dennis Archer on this development.
- JLA mural rejected. Defendis, Megan // Crain's Detroit Business;10/06/97, Vol. 13 Issue 40, p36
Reports that a proposal by Detroit artist Wyland to paint a mural of whales on a wall in Joe Louis Arena was rejected by the Detroit City Council. Why the City Council rejected Wyland's mural.
- Detroit workers broke OT record. Defendis, Megan // Crain's Detroit Business;09/22/97, Vol. 13 Issue 38, p44
Reports that city workers in Detroit recorded an excess amount of overtime (OT) pay in the fiscal year of 1996, with emphasis on a report released by analysts with the Detroit City Council. Impact of the excess OT on Detroit's fiscal budget.
- Detroit City, Council. // Michigan Citizen;2/26/2012, Vol. 34 Issue 16, pA5
The article presents a list of members of the Detroit City Council, Michigan including Charles Pugh, Gary Brown and Saunteel Jenkins.
- Detroit Council Hears Testimony on Putting Schools Under Mayor's Control. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;7/14/2010, Vol. 373 Issue 33349, p6
The article reports on the testimony heard by the Detroit City Council in Michigan on placing schools under the control of the mayor.
- 10 reasons why Detroit City Council should say no to proposed lease of Belle Isle. Watson, JoAnn // Michigan Citizen;9/23/2012, Vol. 34 Issue 46, pA6
The author discusses the reasons on the need for the Detroit City Council in Michigan to reject the proposed 30-year lease of the Belle Isle state park.
- Opinion: Detroit primary election. // Crain's Detroit Business;7/20/2009, Vol. 25 Issue 28, p6
The article presents the author's opinion on Detroit primary election. The author says voters in Detroit will have a once-in-a-generation opportunity in August 2009 to select new leadership for the city. The author says that they all have a stake in the August primary and November 2009 general...