Conn. Governor: Let's Reappropriate Last Year's Surplus to Deal With Deficit
- Connecticut Plans Deficit Financing. Piazza, Johanna // Bond Buyer;9/4/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31712, p1
Reports on plans of the Connecticut government to issue deficit bonds to cover a budgetary shortfall. Assessment of the stand taken by John Rowland, Governor of the state on deficit financing; Reasons behind the decision of the government to issue deficit bonds; Appraisal of credit ratings of...
- Rowland probe session wildcard. Strempel, Dan // Fairfield County Business Journal;1/26/2004, Vol. 43 Issue 4, p1
The investigation on the part of Connecticut state legislature on the question of beginning an impeachment against Governor John Rowland has raised the fear that important business issues will once again be put on the backburner this year. The issue had remained unresolved last year because of...
- Rowland, Citing Crisis Wants to Rein In Costs. Archer, Jeff // Education Week;2/20/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 23, p18
Focuses on the February 6, 2002 annual budget address of Connecticut Governor John G. Rowland. Amount of the projected budget deficit in fiscal 2003; Indication that the Republican governor will ask for adjustments to the two-year spending plan for education; Other topics in his speech,...
- Beleaguered Connecticut Governor Pushes $14 Billion Budget, Tax Hikes. Piazza, Johanna // Bond Buyer;2/5/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31815, p29
Reports on the proposed budget of Connecticut Governor John G. Rowland. Proposal of Rowland to raise taxes in all tobacco and alcohol products; Sales tax on newspapers; Budget deficit.
- Quote of the week. Gizzi, John // Human Events;03/29/97, Vol. 52 Issue 12, p284
Presents a quotation from Connecticut Governor John Rowland comparing the stiffness of Republican presidential candidate Bob Dole and Vice President Al Gore.
- Connecticut, Guarding Its Ratings, Plans 'Lean' Bonding Mainly for Education. Piazza, Johanna // Bond Buyer;3/14/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31593, p4
Reports on the efforts of Connecticut governor John C. Rowland to limit the amount of debt that the state issues each year. Proposed amount of general obligations (GOs) bonds to be issued; Amount of GOs issued in 2001-2002; Ratings of the state by some credit rating companies.
- Connecticut's Rowland Calls for Bettering Education, Urban Centers. Peacock, Wayne // Bond Buyer;01/04/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31050, p4
Reports on the plan of Connecticut Governor John Rowland to use the state's budget surplus to support schools and urban renewal. Recession and self-defeating attitude in Connecticut; Praise given to the bipartisanship.
- Insurance And Financial Services Added To Connecticut 'Cluster' Program to Enhance Growth, Competitiveness. // Insurance Advocate;11/4/2002, Vol. 113 Issue 42, p22
Announces the formation of the Insurance and Financial Services industry cluster by governor John G. Rowland in Connecticut. Value given to the leadership within the insurance industry; Number of clusters formed in the state; Improvement in the competitiveness of business.
- After Long, Pitched Battle, Connecticut Settles on Budget. Peacock, Wayne // Bond Buyer;7/3/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31173, p4
Reports on the two-year budget signed by Connecticut Governor John Rowland. Estimated budget surplus by the end of fiscal 2001; Programs that the budget will create.