Alaska Governor Proposes Income Tax to End Dependence on Oil
- Alaska's Gov. Knowles: No Fiscal 2002 Bonds Except for Education. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;12/19/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31040, p3
No abstract available.
- ALASKA: Fishing for Business. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;1/25/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31311, p35
Reports that Alaska's governor Tony Knowles has proposed to spend on the state's commercial fishing and tourism industries. Contributions of fishing and tourism industry in generating revenues; Cause of the problem faced by the fishing industry; Plans of Knowles to promote the two industries.
- Gov. Tony Knowles: A Look to Alaska's Future. Bonham, Nicole A. // Alaska Business Monthly;Dec2000, Vol. 16 Issue 12, p10
Presents an interview with Governor Tony Knowles on the impact of pipeline economy and tourism in Alaska. Views on the commercialization of the oil industry; Promotion on the world market; Forecasts on the educational situation .
- Reopening NPR-A. Stricker, Julie // Alaska Business Monthly;Oct98, Vol. 14 Issue 10, p16
Presents an interview with Alaska's Governor Tony Knowles, to discuss his response to the plans regarding the development of the National Petroleum Reserve-Alaska announced by Bruce Babbitt, Secretary of the Department of the Interior on August 6, 1998.
- FAR WEST Bond-Watch. Finestone, Deborah; Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;10/11/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31490, p34
Reports developments on bonds in the U.S. as of October 2002. Approval of bond legislations by the voters in Kenai Peninsula, Alaska; Conference involving Governor Tony Knowles and credit rating agencies; Credit rating assigned to San Rafael Redevelopment Agency by Standard & Poor's Corp.
- Safety Zone Set for Denali Wolves. Daerr, Elizabeth G. // National Parks;May/Jun2000, Vol. 74 Issue 5/6, p15
Reports that Alaska Governor Tony Knowles has announced his desire to create a buffer zone on state lands at the Denali National Park and Preserve aim at protecting wolves and grizzly bears. Hunting for food and recreation in Alaska; Wolves and bears killed in Alaska.
- Alaska governor calls for mix of garvee and tobacco debt. Marois, Michael B. // Bond Buyer;01/14/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30808, p4
Reports on Alaska Governor Tony Knowles' proposed Garvee bonds and debt backed by tobacco settlement revenues. Transportation initiative in the state; Revenues of the state portion of the bond proposal.
- Alaska governor asks for bonds to finance drinking water loan fund. Marois, Michael B. // Bond Buyer;01/24/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30813, p4
Reports that Alaska Governor Tony Knowles' drinking water bond proposal. Capitalization of the Alaska Drinking Water Fund; Loan program for rural drinking water projects.
- Alaska's FY-02 State Budget: Magical, Mystical Numbers. // Alaska Business Monthly;Jan2001, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p6
Presents the General Fund budget made by Governor Tony Knowles to state legislators in Alaska. Programs proposed with the increased budget; Description of the off budget funding; Proposal of the legislature to reveal the sources of all funding and the actual size of the Operating Budget.