Alaska Governor Proposes Income Tax to End Dependence on Oil
- ALASKA: Fishing for Business. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;1/25/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31311, p35
Reports that Alaska's governor Tony Knowles has proposed to spend on the state's commercial fishing and tourism industries. Contributions of fishing and tourism industry in generating revenues; Cause of the problem faced by the fishing industry; Plans of Knowles to promote the two industries.
- Gov. Tony Knowles: A Look to Alaska's Future. Bonham, Nicole A. // Alaska Business Monthly;Dec2000, Vol. 16 Issue 12, p10
Presents an interview with Governor Tony Knowles on the impact of pipeline economy and tourism in Alaska. Views on the commercialization of the oil industry; Promotion on the world market; Forecasts on the educational situation .
- Reopening NPR-A. Stricker, Julie // Alaska Business Monthly;Oct98, Vol. 14 Issue 10, p16
Presents an interview with Alaska's Governor Tony Knowles, to discuss his response to the plans regarding the development of the National Petroleum Reserve-Alaska announced by Bruce Babbitt, Secretary of the Department of the Interior on August 6, 1998.
- Alaska governor calls for mix of garvee and tobacco debt. Marois, Michael B. // Bond Buyer;01/14/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30808, p4
Reports on Alaska Governor Tony Knowles' proposed Garvee bonds and debt backed by tobacco settlement revenues. Transportation initiative in the state; Revenues of the state portion of the bond proposal.
- Alaska governor asks for bonds to finance drinking water loan fund. Marois, Michael B. // Bond Buyer;01/24/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30813, p4
Reports that Alaska Governor Tony Knowles' drinking water bond proposal. Capitalization of the Alaska Drinking Water Fund; Loan program for rural drinking water projects.
- Alaska's FY-02 State Budget: Magical, Mystical Numbers. // Alaska Business Monthly;Jan2001, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p6
Presents the General Fund budget made by Governor Tony Knowles to state legislators in Alaska. Programs proposed with the increased budget; Description of the off budget funding; Proposal of the legislature to reveal the sources of all funding and the actual size of the Operating Budget.
- Knowles Releases 'Jobs and Families' FY02 Budget. Pilkington, Steve // Alaska Business Monthly;Mar2001, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p7
Reports that Alaska Governor Tony Knowles has unveiled his proposed budget for the fiscal year 2002. Cost-effective way to meet the needs of Alaska's growing population and economy; Percentage increase in the budget compared to past decade; Basic goals of the budget.
- Knowles confident of depot go-ahead. // Commercial Motor;3/24/2011, Vol. 214 Issue 5425, p14
The article reports that according to Tony Knowles, head of haulier Knowles Transport ltd., he will resubmit his application for extending one of his depots in Wimblington, Cambridgeshire, England despite local objections.
- TROUBLE IN THE LAST FRONTIER. Nudd, Tim; Sampey, Kathleen; Flass, Rebecca // Adweek New England Edition;02/19/2001, Vol. 38 Issue 8, p30
Focuses on the reaction of Alaska Governor Tony Knowles on the advertising campaign which conveyed an offending concept about the state's salmon. Description of the campaign; Creator of the campaign; Company which commissioned the campaign.