Outgoing Maryland Gov. Unveils Borrowing Budget
- Maryland colleges would benefit from $669M in GOs. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;01/04/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30800, p4
Reports on Maryland Governor Parris N. Glendening's plan to issue funds in general obligation (GO) debt until 2004 to finance construction at public college campuses. Breakdown of allocation of funds; GO bond portion of the funding package as within the state's capital debt affordability limits.
- Maryland House Breaks With Governor On Budget, Refuses to Delay Tax Cut. Vekshin, Alison // Bond Buyer;3/27/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31353, p5
Reports the passing of a budget bill by governor, Parris N. Glendening before the house of delegates in Maryland. Reduction of the fundings for governors; Completion of the budget process by the legislature; Details on the meeting of the Senate and house of representatives.
- MARYLAND: Cutting Costs. Vekshin, Alison // Bond Buyer;10/22/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31248, p38
Focuses on Maryland governor Parris Glendening's announcement regarding multi-million dollar cost-cutting in the state. Need for cost cuts in Maryland; Steps taken towards cost-cutting; Security costs to the state for a fiscal year.
- Mr. Smart Growth. Laing, Keith // Hill;4/5/2011, Vol. 18 Issue 45, p18
The article presents a profile of Parris N. Glendening who is the former Maryland Governor and president of the Smart Growth Leadership Institute.
- Governor proposes $501M of bonds for 2001. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;01/26/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30815, p4
Reports that Maryland Governor Parris N. Glendening is proposing that the state issue general obligation bonds and revenue bonds as part of its fiscal 2001 capital budget.
- Governor Approves Additional Debt For 5 Maryland Counties, Authority. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;05/10/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30888, p4
Reports on Maryland Governor Parris Glendening's signing into law bills authorizing five counties and the Maryland Stadium Authority to issue tax-exempt bonds to finance public projects. Wrapping up of one-a-year legislative session; Provisions of the bills.
- Governors to tackle sprawl. // State Government News;Aug2000, Vol. 43 Issue 7, p8
Provides information on the initiative of Maryland Governor Parris Glendening to tackle the issue of growth as part of his duties as chairman of the National Governors' Association.
- Maryland Governor Proposes $750 Million Plan to Improve Mass Transit. Floyd, Daniel F. // Bond Buyer;12/08/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31033, p4
Focuses on the plan of Governor Parris N. Glendening on the bus and subway service in Maryland. Approval of the mass transit plan by the General Assembly; Sources of funds for the bus service project; Account on the standard maximum bus fare.
- How One State Enhanced Diversity on the Bench. Fucheck, Andrea Leahy // Judges' Journal;Summer2009, Vol. 48 Issue 3, p33
The article analyzes Maryland's appointment process during and leading to Governor Parris N. Glendening's eight year term (1995-2003). The encouragement of qualified minority and female applicants was the emphasis of Governor Glendening's judicial appointment process. The initial selection...