Circuit Judge Agrees to Expedite Soldier Field Suit
- Soldier Field reconstruction begins despite opposition. Keegan, Ed // Architectural Record;Jun2002, Vol. 190 Issue 6, p34
Reports the court decision on the reuse of the Soldier Field football stadium for the Chicago Bears in Chicago, Illinois. Performance of selective demolition; Questions on the legality of the public/private funding; Construction schedule.
- MAJOR CAPITAL IMPROVEMENTS. // Landlord v. Tenant;Aug2011, p8
The article reports that the District Rent Administrator (DRA) rejected the application of a landlord for major capital improvement (MCI) rent hikes based on the replacement of a stoop, walkway, and iron railing in front of the building in New York. The DRA rejected the application because no...
- Countersuit filed in building case. // Athens News;3/6/2014, p8
The article focuses on a legal issue related to the renovation of Ohio University's old Baker Center, Athens, Ohio as of March 6, 2014.
- Repair v alteration. // Accountancy;Dec1983, Vol. 94 Issue 1084, p12
The article focuses on the two cases in Great Britain that have shed light on whether work is zero-rated as an alteration of a building or standard-rated as a repair of maintenance. In the case Sharman versus CCE, the court considered work carried out by a contractor on substandard houses owned...
- Listed building protection held to justify green belt extension. // Planning (14672073);1/23/2009, Issue 1802, p21
The article discusses a court case wherein the renovation of a grade II listed building in Lancashire, England has been approved after a special circumstances. The listed building had been a domestic loom shop and will be converted into a restaurant and pub. It notes that the building inspector...
- Historic iron gutter removal ruled out. // Planning (14672073);1/23/2009, Issue 1802, p23
The article discusses a court case wherein the plaintiff denied consent for the extension of his grade II listed building in Derbyshire, England. It notes that the plaintiff expanded his building through creating a bathroom and release space for a new study. The building inspector dismissed the...
- Expansion brings new sparkle and excitement to San Diego's Qualcomm Stadium. // San Diego Business Journal;09/15/97, Vol. 18 Issue 37, pA4
Reports that the City of San Diego, California, has made its mark in stadium history by upgrading, renovating and transforming the 30-year old structure of the Qualcomm Stadium into a state-of-the art facility. Details on what came with the renovation; Comments made by Bill Wilson, stadium...
- It's teamwork that brings Qualcomm Stadium project in ahead of schedule and on budget. Belock, Frank // San Diego Business Journal;09/15/97, Vol. 18 Issue 37, pA10
Presents information on the renovation and expansion of the Qualcomm Stadium in San Diego, California. Details on the challenges faced during this expansion and renovation; Reasons for the accomplishment of the project within the budget and ahead of schedule. INSET: Qualcomm Stadium expansion...
- Sports Mart latest stadium dream. Bullard, Stan // Crain's Cleveland Business;1/30/95, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p3
Reports on the renovation of the Cleveland Stadium in Ohio. Proposal for the construction of a sporting goods store adjacent the stadium; Thomas Zung and Richard Bowen as architects.