Wisconsin Governor Proposes Tobacco Funds to Plug Budget
- WISCONSIN: McCallum Meets. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;12/5/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31278, p39
Reports on the efforts of governor of Wisconsin Scott McCallum to reduce the state's budget deficit. Estimated budget deficit of the state; Proposed reduction in the budget spending.
- Wisconsin Legislature Considers $1.1B Budget Repair Bill. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;7/8/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31422, p3
Reports the proposal of budget repair legislation by the lawmakers in Wisconsin. Elimination of deficit on the 2003 fiscal budget by the bill; Request for the agreement with the proposed legislation by Governor Scott McCallum; Debate on the legislation by the Senate.
- Facing Structural Deficit, Wisconsin Governor Slashes Budget. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;9/4/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31216, p48
No abstract available.
- Wisconsin Governor: Budget Shortfall May Top $1.3B. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;12/18/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31287, p4
Focuses on the economic conditions of Wisconsin in the fiscal year 2001. Increase in the budget deficit; Estimated amount of the budget deficit; Analysis of governor, Scott McCallum on the increasing budget deficit.
- The road too often taken. // New Hampshire Business Review;12/24/2004, Vol. 26 Issue 27, p10A
This article presents the author's comments on the revenue and budget problems in New Hampshire. The budget deficit is expected to top $300 million, so finding a reasonable way to cover it is at the top of the agenda for lawmakers and the newly elected governor. For decades, whenever New...
- Plenty of bad ideas, and still no state budget. Summers, Adam // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;9/5/2008, Issue 323914, p30
The author reflects on the $15-17million budget deficit of the state of California. He elaborates that it should not come as a surprise that politician has broken their promises that have certainly been accustomed in California for many years. After promising to fix California's structural...
- The Budget Battle in 2005. Laliberte, Mark // Business NH Magazine;Feb2005, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p24
The article reports that this month, newly-minted Governor John Lynch will approach the podium at Representatives Hall and release the details of his solution to one of the largest problems plaguing New Hampshire, the state budget deficit. What he proposes will have to fill an imposing financial...
- California Lawmakers Fail to Reach Agreement on Plan for $11B Deficit. Ward, Andrew // Bond Buyer;12/1/2008, Vol. 366 Issue 33013, p5
The article reports on the failure of the California Legislature to make an agreement on how to solve the $11 billion budget deficit of the state. Republican Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger stated that there was a total failure on the legislature's part since the budget plan showed to be deep in...
- Outgoing West Virginia Governor May Call Special. Gambling Session. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;12/7/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32024, p38
The article reports that West Virginia Governor Bob Wise announced that he is considering calling a special session of the Legislature before his term expires in January to try to legalize table gambling in the state, a measure he says could help address the state's impending budget deficit over...