News In Brief: Gov. Bush Gives State of State
- Fla. House approves Bush's voucher plan; Senate action likely. Sandham, Jessica L // Education Week;04/07/99, Vol. 18 Issue 30, p22
Reports that the Florida House has approved the `A+ For Education' package pushed by Governor Jeb Bush. Features of the plan; Education bill passed by the Senate education committee.
- Gov. Bush Aims To Keep Teachers. Sandham, Jessica L. // Education Week;03/14/2001, Vol. 19 Issue 26, p22
Reports on Florida Governor Jeb Bush's efforts to get the legislature to approve initiatives designed to recruit and retain teachers in his State of the State address in March 2001. Highlights of Bush's plan; Impetus for launching the initiatives; Challenges facing the task force on teacher...
- Former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush. UJIFUSA, ANDREW // Education Week;7/8/2015, Vol. 34 Issue 36, p20
The article profiles U.S. presidential candidate and former Florida governor Jeb Bush, with a particular focus on his record on educational issues.
- The E-Mail 'Scandal' in Perspective. DE WIND, DORIAN // Moderate Voice;3/15/2015, p9
The article focuses on E-Mail scandal and mentions Jeb Bush used his private e-mail account while he was Florida's governor to discuss sensitive official business. It informs that emails dealt with national security issues such as troop deployments to the Middle East and about the protection of...
- LEGISLATIVE UPDATE. // Education Week;03/29/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 29, p25
Presents a summary of the education proposals of United States governors for the fiscal 2001. Highlights of the proposal of Governor Jeb Bush of Florida; Value of the state budget proposed by Governor Paul Cellucci of Massachusetts; Information on the proposal of Nebraska Governor Mike Johanns.
- Americans United, Allies Urge Fla. Gov. Jeb Bush To Drop Push For Vouchers. // Church & State;Apr2006, Vol. 59 Issue 4, p19
The article reports on Florida Governor Jeb Bush's plan to use the rest of his term to find a way to re-establish the private school voucher program in the state. The Americans United and its allies in the education and civil liberties communities are calling on Bush to dismiss the idea. The...
- Florida OKs 1st Statewide Voucher Plan. Sandham, Jessica L. // Education Week;05/05/99, Vol. 18 Issue 34, p1
Reports on the approval of a plan to give students in Florida's worst schools taxpayer-funded tuition payments by state lawmakers. Information on the education reform package of Governor Jeb Bush; National significance of the move; Legal outlook.
- Florida Goes On the Attack To Keep Citizens in Shape. Richard, Alan // Education Week;10/29/2003, Vol. 23 Issue 9, p20
Governor Jeb Bush of Florida has appointed an obesity task force that will make recommendations to the legislature for ways the state can help its citizens stay physically fit. The state estimates that almost one in four Florida high school students is overweight or at risk of obesity. One in 10...
- SNAPSHOT. // Education Week;1/24/2007, Vol. 26 Issue 20, p30
The article announces the retirement of John Winn, State Commissioner of Education in Florida, as of February 28, 2007. Winn has worked for the state's education system for approximately thirty years, and was appointed commissioner by former Governor Jeb Bush in 2004. His retirement announcement...