Kmart Corp. Files for Chapter 11
- Company executes promise to purge. Heller, Laura // DSN Retailing Today;3/10/2003, Vol. 42 Issue 5, p5
Reports on the bankruptcy hearing of Kmart Corp. Financial status of the company; Events leading to the financial problems of the company.
- New Day Dawning. Howell, Debbie // DSN Retailing Today;3/10/2003, Vol. 42 Issue 5, p35
Focuses on the bankruptcy of Kmart Corp. Pattern of mismanagement; Plans of chief executive officer Julian Day for Kmart Corp.
- Though Tighter, Surety Sector Hangs On. // Treasury & Risk Management;Feb2002, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p8
Reports the application for bankruptcy of KMart Corp. in the U.S. Factors contributing to the bankruptcy of the company; Difficulty of KMart to obtain a surety-bond coverage; Impact of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks to the economy of the U.S.
- HOW THE BIG K crumbled. Wirebach, John // Aftermarket Business;Mar2002, Vol. 112 Issue 3, p1
Analyzes the effect of bankruptcy filing of Kmart on January 22, 2002 on aftermarket. Total debt of Kmart to grocery supplier Fleming Company; Number of operating stores of Kmart; Sales of Kmart in fiscal year that ended January 31, 2001 and December 2001; Factors that contributed to the...
- Timing off for Kmart's woes. Merx, Katie // Crain's Detroit Business;1/21/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p1
Reports the bankruptcy of Kmart Corp. in Troy, Michigan. Impact of the decline in consumer spending on the company; Forecast on the sales of the company; Speculations on the closure of the stores.
- Kmart landlords mull options if stores get closed. Smith, Jennette // Crain's Detroit Business;1/21/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p20
Reports the effects of Kmart Corp. bankruptcy protection on shopping centers in Michigan. Reassessment of the foot traffic of the centers; Accounts on the closure of older and outdated stores; Move of Ramco-Gershenson in limiting exposure to tenants.
- Kmart shelving BlueLight strategy in new round of ads. Cuneo, Alice // Crain's Detroit Business;1/21/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p20
Reports the move of Kmart Corp. in dealing with bankruptcy in Michigan. Development of a multicultural advertising by Don Coleman Advertising; Details on the revision of BlueLight Imagery campaign; Discussion on the payment plans on marketing communications.
- Kmart uses size to its advantage. Snavely, Brent // Crain's Detroit Business;2/11/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p3
Reports the advantages of Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection for Kmart Corp. in the United States. Availability of the post-bankruptcy financing; Maintenance of a higher status for payment under the bankruptcy code; Standard for a retail bankruptcy.
- Kmart execs cash in while business falters. Snavely, Brent // Crain's Detroit Business;5/27/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 21, p12
Reports the filing of Kmart Corp. on Chapter 11 bankruptcy in the U.S. Restoration of the company; Inclusion of the severance payment; Benefits offered by the company.
- Joy in Troy? Waiting for Kmart on 5th. // Home Textiles Today;1/27/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 20, p1
Reports on the filing of a Chapter 11 bankruptcy reorganization plan of Kmart. Wait-and-see attitude of home textile suppliers in Troy, Michigan; Speculation on type of pay out Kmart will offer its vendors.