Iowa Governor Reveals Frugal, $4.7 Billion Budget Plan
- Iowa restores some funding. // State Government News;Jan2002, Vol. 45 Issue 1, p9
Reports on the legislative actions taken by the Iowa Legislature for the 2002 state budget in November 2001. Restoration of funds to priority programs affected by the budget cuts made by Governor Tom Vilsack in November 1, 2001; Delay in the reduction of a training program; Reason for the...
- Budget Talks Drag On. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;4/12/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32359, p31
The article reports on the continuation of the negotiations between Iowa Governor Tom Vilsack and lawmakers on the final fiscal 2007 budget in April 2006. The proposed fiscal 2007 budget is approximately 5 billion dollars. Democrats, including Vilsack, and Republicans have yet to settle their...
- Dueling Plans for Creating and Keeping Jobs. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;3/21/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32094, Special section p39
Reports on several economic development incentive programs in Iowa. Coverage of democrat Governor Tom Vilsack's fiscal budget proposal; Statement of budget director Randy Bauer on the state's solid credit rating; Doubts on the governor's economic development plan.
- Could Take a Hike. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;11/12/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31760, p25
Reports that Iowa Governor Tom Vilsack has refused to rule out a tax increase to address an unexpected budget shortfall in 2004.
- Vilsack: It's Raining. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;2/13/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31324, p29
Reports that Iowa governor Tom Vilsack informed lawmakers about consequences the state might face due to its inability to balance its 2002 budget. Use of rainy-day reserve; Budget reductions introduced by the state.
- $1.7 billion in loans set to help rural businesses. // Lakelander (Whitney, TX);8/12/2009, Vol. 23 Issue 32, p7
The article reports on the application for loans worth 1.7 billion dollars which was announced by Secretary Tom Vilsack of the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) to support rural business in Temple, Texas wherein eligible applicants includes corporations, partnerships, and nonprofit groups.
- USDA Secretary Tom Vilsack: Ag Research Investment Is Vital. // Beef Expert Blog;5/21/2012, p5
The article reports that farming and food related research at Pennsylvania University is key to the future of the U.S., according to U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) Secretary Tom Vilsack.
- Secretary Vilsack Made The Right Decision. Cline, Harry // BEEF Exclusive Insight;1/31/2011, p2
The article commends the decision of U.S. Department of Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack to permit the continued sale of Roundup Ready alfalfa, while he negotiates a compromise with anti-biotechnology groups to avoid lawsuits.
- Tenures of U.S. ag secretaries. // Wallaces Farmer;Jun2012, Vol. 137 Issue 6, p68
The article presents a list of the tenures of U.S. agricultural secretaries from Iowa including Tom Vilsack, Ezra Benson and Henry A. Wallace.