OKLAHOMA: Water Sale Dries Up
- The economic impacts of agriculture-to-urban water transfers on the area of origin: A case study... Howe, Charles W.; Lazo, Jeffrey K. // American Journal of Agricultural Economics;Dec90, Vol. 72 Issue 5, p1200
Examines the economic impacts of agriculture-to-urban water transfers in the Arkansas River Valley in Colorado. Benefits and costs of water transfers; Historical and potential transfers; Statewide negative direct and indirect impacts of historical water transfers.
- The impacts and efficiency of agriculture-to-urban water transfer: Discussion. Whittlesey, Norman K. // American Journal of Agricultural Economics;Dec90, Vol. 72 Issue 5, p1205
Discusses the impacts and efficiency of agriculture-to-urban water transfer in the United States. Policy-induced transactions costs necessary to obtain state approval of proposed water rights exchanges; Transferable interest of an irrigation water right; Level of economic activity associated...
- The impacts and efficiency of agriculture-to-urban water transfer: Discussion. Gardner, Richard L. // American Journal of Agricultural Economics;Dec90, Vol. 72 Issue 5, p1207
Discusses the impacts and efficiency of agriculture-to-urban water transfer in the United States. Potential of water transfer to improve efficiency; Institutional impediments to water transfer; Transactions costs associated with water transfer.
- China to receive water from Alaska. // Underground Construction;Jan1997, Vol. 52 Issue 1, p11
Reports the exporting of lake water to China by the City of Sitka, Alaska. Reasons for the export of the water; Transportation of the water.
- EDITOR'S NOTE. Brodahl, Matt // University of Denver Water Law Review;Fall2011, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p10
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including the Colorado River water transfers, groundwater modeling and the Pyramid Lake Paiute Tribe.
- Recent California water transfers: implications for water management Lund, Jay R.; Israel, Morris // Natural Resources Journal;Winter1995, Vol. 35 Issue 1, p1
No abstract available.
- Biocom supports transfer. // San Diego Business Journal;9/23/96, Vol. 17 Issue 39, p43
Reports that Biocom San Diego, supports the San Diego County Water Authority's proposed water transfer agreement with Imperial Irrigation District. Reason cited in a letter from David Hale of Biocom.
- TRANSCEND CONFERENCE WATER TRANSPORT IN CEMENTITIOUS MATERIALS. // Epitoanyag - Journal of Silicate Based & Composite Materials;2013, Vol. 65 Issue 2, p60
The article offers information on a conference on water transport in cementitious materials to be held in Guildford, England during November 3-6, 2013.
- Irish water for export. Matthews, Hadyn // Geographical (Campion Interactive Publishing);Sep94, Vol. 66 Issue 9, p6
Reports on the export of water from Lough Corrib, Ireland to countries in the Middle East by Eagle Water Resources. Approval of the Galway County Council; High cost of desalinated water in the Middle East; Effects on existing water supply and fisheries.