Kansas Regents Seeking Bonds for Bioterrorism, Other Research Centers
- Higher Ed Seeks Aid Hike. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;12/28/2010, Vol. 374 Issue 33440, p7
The article reports on the Kansas Commitment Plan proposed by the Kansas Board of Regents, which would give a 50 million dollar increase in state aid to higher education in fiscal 2012 aimed at restoring some of the money lost to budget cuts since 2008..
- KANSAS: Easier Path to Refinancing. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;11/23/2010, Vol. 374 Issue 33421, p9
The article reports on a new financial rule adopted by the Kansas Board of Regents to make it easier to refinance outstanding bonds issued for capital improvements in state colleges and universities in Kansas.
- Kansas Regents Maintenance Bill Faces Heavy Scrutiny. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;11/22/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32264, p5
Focuses on the plan of Kansas Board of Regents to fund the maintenance of campuses with million bond issue and increase in state taxes. Opposition of legislator Derek Schmidt on the regents' plan; Reasons on why many legislators are skeptical of the regents' proposal; Citations of the state...
- After $347M Deal, Texas Plans $300M More for Cancer. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;7/19/2011, Vol. 377 Issue 33551, p6
The article reports on the 300 million dollars of taxable debt prepared by Texas for its Cancer Prevention Research Institute in Dallas, after pricing 347 million dollars of general obligation bonds for expansion of state facilities.
- KANSAS: Colleges Sue Regents. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;7/7/2009, Vol. 369 Issue 33144, p9
The article reports on the lawsuit filed by the Dodge City Community College, Pratt Community College and Cowley Community College against the Kansas Board of Regents. According to the community colleges, the lawsuit was filed due to the unequal funding for vocational and technical programs....
- Kansas Universities Look to Eliminate Maintenance Backlog. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;11/21/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32263, p4
Reports on the approval of a plan to eliminate maintenance backlog on state university campuses by the Kansas Board of Regents. Allocation for maintenance and repairs at regent institutions in 2004; Sources of funding for the plan; State schools in the regent system.
- Palm Beach Scripps Deal Postponed. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;12/9/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32026, p1
The article reports that Palm Beach County, Florida, has postponed for up to 90 days the sale of the second tranche of bonds to help finance construction of a Scripps Research Institute facility in the county because of hurricane-related permitting delays--but litigation could delay the project...
- Palm Beach County, Fla., Approves $200M to Attract Research Institute. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;10/16/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31741, p30
Reports on the approval of the issuance of bonds to support the Scripps Research Institute by the Palm Beach County Commission in Florida. Amount of the bonds; Bond counsel; Credit rating of the Palm Beach County.
- Reflections, 15 years later. Knox, George // Community College Journal;Jun/Jul2016, Vol. 86 Issue 6, p11
In this article, the author focuses on his role as president of Labette Community College (LCC) in Labette County, Kansas. Topics discussed include issues with the Kansas Board of Regents regarding funding for LCC, his involvement in fundraising and politics; and raising funds for building a...