Louisiana Agrees With NBA Team to New Hornets' Nest in New Orleans
- A piece of the Rockers: Blacks buy into WBL team. Hocker, W.C. // Black Enterprise;Jul90, Vol. 20 Issue 12, p20
Announces that five black men have gained 20 percent ownership of the World Basketball League's (WBL) newest expansion team, the Memphis Rockers. Pat Carter, Harold R. Shaw Sr., George Jones, Claude English and Calvin Anderson who paid $200,000 for their piece of the Rockers; Another 20 percent...
- The Rens. Heath, G.D. // Cobblestone;Feb1991, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p40
Reports on the first all-black, black-owned professional basketball team, the New York Renaissance, or Rens. How the team was founded by entrepreneur Robert Douglas; When it became professional; Details of the first season; Its rivalry with original Boston Celtics; 1930s records.
- Indians Gain Ground In District With Consecutive Wins. // Grand Saline Sun (TX);1/26/2012, Vol. 115 Issue 4, p10
The article reports that the basketball team Grand Saline Indians is moving up in the district playoffs with two consecutive wins and offers information on its match against the team Yellowjackets held in January 2012.
- Mogulettes now5-0 in District Competition. // Munday Courier (TX);1/26/2012, Vol. 34 Issue 4, p1
The article reports that the Mogulette Varsity basketball team won two district matches of Munday in Texas, each against the teams Rotan and Hamlin Lady Pipers.
- Lady Blues battle back twice to split games in Anson. Lisle, Travis // Graham Leader;1/4/2012, Vol. 136 Issue 41, p6A
The article reports that the Graham Lady Blues basketball team in Graham, Texas won two of the four games it played in the Anson Tournament.
- Steers go 1-3, show signs of improvement in Bridgeport. Lisle, Travis // Graham Leader;1/4/2012, Vol. 136 Issue 41, p6A
The article reports that the Graham Steers men's basketball team in Graham, Texas won one of its four games at the Bridgeport Tournament.
- Lady Blues close season with loss to Burk. Lisle, Travis // Graham Leader;2/12/2012, Vol. 136 Issue 52, p1B
The article offers information on the ending season of the Graham Lady Blues basketball team.
- Freshmen Blues place second in district. Lisle, Travis // Graham Leader;2/12/2012, Vol. 136 Issue 52, p4B
The article reports that the Graham Lady Blues basketball team got second place in the district.
- All-District Boys' Basketball team announced for District 14-A, Div. II. // Twin Cities News (Munday, TX);3/27/2008, Vol. 26 Issue 13, p1
The article announces the winners of the All-District Boys Basketball team for District 14-A, Division II in Texas.