Experts discuss implications of race on disease
- Focus on glaucoma. Hall, Alyson L. // New York Amsterdam News;7/27/96, Vol. 67 Issue 30, p15
Part II. Focuses on glaucoma among Afro-Americans. Occurrence of glaucoma in the Afro-American population; Risk factors; Prevention and treatment.
- Glaucoma update. S.E. // Essence (Essence);Sep98, Vol. 29 Issue 5, p56
Focuses on the risk of blindness from glaucoma faced by Afro-Americans.
- Incidence of glaucoma said to be very high among blacks. // New York Amsterdam News;1/7/95, Vol. 86 Issue 1, p30
Reports on the incidence of glaucoma among Afro-Americans. Risk factors; Diagnosis and treatment; Etiology; Occurrence; American Academy of Ophthalmology's study on glaucoma.
- Focus on glaucoma. Hall, Alyson L. // New York Amsterdam News;7/13/96, Vol. 87 Issue 28, p16
Part I. Focuses on glaucoma among the Afro-American population. Higher rate of occurrence of glaucoma in Afro-Americans than in whites; Lack of initial symptoms; Examination processes.
- March is Glaucoma Month. // Tennessee Tribune;3/14/2013, Vol. 24 Issue 11, p6B
The article discusses the risk of glaucoma in African Americans which causes blindness.
- Study Shows Eye Drops Can Delay, Prevent Glaucoma in Blacks. // Black Issues in Higher Education;7/15/2004, Vol. 21 Issue 11, p8
Reports on a study conducted by ophthalmologists at the University of California in Davis and other researchers regarding the use of eye drops to delay or prevent the onset of glaucoma among African Americans in the U.S. Significance of the study for African Americans; Causes of elevated eye...
- Stop Glaucoma From Taking Your Sight. // Washington Informer;8/9/2012, Vol. 47 Issue 43, pH-12
The article offers information on Glaucoma, a disease associated with the damage of an optic nerve of the eyes in African American people, which does not show any early signs and symptoms.
- GLAUCOMA 'THE SNEAK THIEF OF SIGHT' // Ebony;Jul2003, Vol. 58 Issue 9, p84
Presents information on the eye disease glaucoma. Risk factors; Prevalence of the disease among African-Americans; Treatment. INSETS: TYPES OF GLAUCOMA;WHO'S AT RISK.
- RACIAL DISPARITIES IN STROKE AWARENESS: AFRICAN AMERICANS AND CAUCASIANS. Alkadry, Mohamad G.; Bhandari, Ruchi; Blessett, Brandi // Journal of Health & Human Services Administration;Mar2011, Vol. 33 Issue 4, p462
Considerable evidence supports the existence of racial disparities in incidence, mortality, and morbidity related to stroke. Awareness of risk factors could substantially lower the probability of stroke incidence. Awareness of stroke warning signs and treatment options could significantly alter...