- In the Works. Weiler, Derek // Quill & Quire;Sep99, Vol. 65 Issue 9, p10
Reports developments in the book industry as of September 1999. Acquisition on History of Canadian Publishing by Macfarlane Walter & Ross; Release of the book 'Kiss of the Fur Queen,' by Tomson Highway in the U.S. market; Sale of the Spanish translation rights of the 'Dreams of Millenium' by...
- Nelson buys Alberta's Reidmore Books. Mandel, Charles // Quill & Quire;Aug2000, Vol. 66 Issue 8, p6
Reports the purchase of the Edmonton's Reidmore Books by Nelson Thompson Learning in Toronto, Ontario.
- INTERNATIONAL NEWS. // Book Publishing Report;01/29/2001, Vol. 26 Issue 5, p8
Reports global developments in the book industries and trade as of January 2001. Acquisition of Isis Publishing and subsidiary Soundings by Ulverscroft Group; Decline of the export sale from the Great Britain to the United States; Launch of the science-fiction imprint Orbit of Little, Brown & Co.
- IN THE LOOP. . . // Book Publishing Report;2/17/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 7, p5
Reports developments related to book publishing in the U.S. as of February 2003. Corporate reorganizations of Perseus Books Group; Acquisition of Ullstein Heyne List by Verlagsgruppe Random House; Purchase of PubEasy by R.R. Bowker.
- What's ahead? Anderson, Scott // Quill & Quire;Jan2002, Vol. 68 Issue 1, p12
Reports the changes and improvements in the book industry in Canada. Need for more consolidations in retail markets; Consideration of payment times, discounts and returns; Improvements in electronic ordering, inventory management and distribution.
- They must be giants. Anderson, Scott; Lorinc, John; Smith, Stephen // Quill & Quire;Jan2000, Vol. 66 Issue 1, p18
Reports the impact of the merger between SmithBooks and Coles on the book industry in Canada. Formation of Chapters Inc.; Opportunities for the book market to succeed; Influence of the Internet in the selling of books.
- Square Buys Firm That Supplies Tech. // ISO & Agent Weekly;3/6/2014, Vol. 10 Issue 9, p3
The article reports that the mobile payment solution provider Square has acquired BookFresh, a company that sells booking and appointment management technology to merchants, to enhance Square's ability to pair small business payments with management tools.
- Book Industry Consolidation and Authors' Incomes. Butler, Richard J. // Publishing Research Quarterly;Summer2004, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p9
This article analyzes how consolidation in the book publishing industry affected book authors' incomes. Prior to consolidation, the richest authors have had their ups and downs along with the rest of the authors. In 1968, the third quartile cutoff was $48,560 and reached a high during this...
- Publishing's Unagonizing Reappraisal. Dempsey, David // New Republic;5/14/66, Vol. 154 Issue 20, p23
Examines the success of the book publishing industry in the U.S. and explores how the industry can maintain its cultural leverage and function in the society. Role of independent trade publishers in the literary output of the country; Overview of the non-book publishing sources supplying the...