Municipal Bond Elections
- Florida School District Kicks Off Campaign for Construction. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;9/10/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31716, p40
Reports on the hire of a campaign professional by Palm Beach County School District in Florida as of September 10, 2003. Need for the campaign; Request for the permission to sell general obligation bond in the campaign.
- Dallas Voters Asked to OK $1.37 Billion. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;1/18/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31307, p1
Reports on the poll to be made by voters of Dallas, Texas to decide state's largest local school bond and to elect a mayor to replace Ron Kirk. Overview of the legislature related to authorization of bonds for schools; Other issues to be decided by voters; Issues related to the existing laws...
- The Great Southwest: Voters to Consider $8 Billion of Bonds. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;10/26/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31997, p1
The article reports that voters in the Southwest region will weigh in November 2 on nearly $8 billion of bondsâ€” an amount that totals over one-fourth of all the bond questions hitting the ballot nationwide on Election Day in the U.S. Of the eight states in the Southwest region, only...
- Municipal Bond Elections. // Bond Buyer;2/2/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32062, p28
This article provides a table that lists bond elections involving $500,000 or more and gives the dates when voters are scheduled to cast their ballots. Bonds include Alamo Comm Coll Dt, Aubrey ISD, Beiton and Cedar Park.
- Brazil: Seconds Out, Round Two. // Emerging Markets Monitor;10/14/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 26, p11
Deals with the uncertainties surrounding the economy of Brazil in 2002. Importance of the presidential elections for the country's economy; Effect of concerns over elections outcome on bonds; Comments from Arminio, Fraga, central bank governor.
- Bond issue supporters prep for campaign. Pettypiece, Shannon // Crain's Cleveland Business;8/8/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 32, p1
This article reports that some politicians in Ohio are preparing a campaign to mobilize voters in an off-year election on a topic out of the mainstream. The real goal is not to have politicians or public officials shilling for this, but to make sure the face of this is the people who have been...
- Country Risk Summary: GUATEMALA. // Latin America Monitor: Central America Monitor;Feb2003, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p8
Presents updates on the political and economic condition of Guatemala as of February 2, 2003. Information on the presidential and legislative elections in the country in November 2003; Expectations on the export performance of the country; Plans of the government to place bonds in the...
- Romania: Still Some Way To Go. // Emerging Markets Monitor;6/14/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 10, p13
Reports on the economic and political environment in Romania as of June 14, 2004. Background on the inflation rate and current account deficits; Effect of the elections on the economic condition of the country; Comparison of foreign bonds of Romania and Bulgaria.
- November Elections Eke Out 50 Percent "Yes" for Libraries. Blumenstein, Lynn; DiMattia, Susan; Rogers, Michael // Library Journal;12/15/2003, Vol. 128 Issue 20, p14
Reports the results of elections held by libraries addressing bond issues and other library measures across the U.S. in November 2003. Bond for expanding the Chapel Hill Public Library; Passage of an operating levy for the Toledo-Lucas County Public Library; Rejection of a bond to refurbish the...