Credit calendar MONDAY, November 26 The Treasury holds its regular auction of 91- and 182-day bills and announces the size of its four-week bill auction.
- Credit Calendar. // Bond Buyer;12/28/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31293, p40
Presents a credit calendar for 2002 on U.S. bond market statistics. Auction organized by the U.S. Treasury Department.
- Thousands wrongly claim electric car credit. Krisher, Tom // Nashville Automotive Report;Mar2011, Vol. 24 Issue 10, p7
The article reports on the finding by the U.S. Treasury Department that about 163.9 million U.S. dollars in credits to taxpayers were claimed in error and that 13,000 taxpayers have erroneously claimed 33 million in credits for plug-in electric and alternative vehicles during 2010.
- Studies Banks Asked For Not What Banks Wanted. Roberts, Ed // Credit Union Journal;01/29/2001, Vol. 5 Issue 5, p1
Reports that the United States Treasury Department has issued its studies on credit unions, exploring member business lending (MBL) for credit unions and comparing regulatory oversight for credit unions with that for banks. Aim to amend or lift the new limits on MBLs; Risk comparison between...
- Tax relief off to a quick start. Wollenberg, Yvonne Chilik // Medical Economics;7/11/2003, Vol. 80 Issue 13, p22
Reports that the U.S. Treasury Department will make advance payments on the child tax credit under the 2002 tax return filed by parents. Maximum amount for each child under 17; Reduction in long-term capital gains taxes; Taxation of earnings from stock dividends.
- Comments on Mortgage Purchasing and Clarification on Addresses Rule. // Credit Union Times;1/27/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p6
The article reports on the comments made by the credit union representatives over the proposed rule on mortgage purchasing and the corresponding clarification by the U.S. Department of the Treasury.
- Some May Qualify To Trade Development Credits. // Credit Union Journal;8/11/2003, Vol. 7 Issue 32, p12
Reports on the qualification of federal credit unions to a U.S. Treasury program in Washington.
- Treasury Official Calls for Card-Use Ads. Heller, Michele // American Banker;2/6/2002, Vol. 167 Issue 25, p4
Reports the appeal of the U.S. Department of the Treasury officials for credit card advertisements. Legislation of advertisements to protect consumers; Importance of financial literacy education; Prohibition of credit card issuance to people under 21 years of age.
- Treasury Has Funds Available For Piloting 'First Accounts' Freeman, Lisa // Credit Union Journal;3/11/2002, Vol. 6 Issue 10, p15
Reports the involvement of the credit unions to the First Accounts program of the Treasury Department in the U.S. Initiative to increase the availability of basic financial services in urban centers; Lack of understanding of risk management; Ability of consumer to comprehend complex financial...
- Treasury Department Awards 'New Markets' Tax Credits. Dymi, Amilda // National Mortgage News;3/31/2003, Vol. 27 Issue 27, p18
Reports on the New Markets Tax Credit (NMTC) awards distributed and administered by the U.S. Department of the Treasury. Background of the NMTC program; National beneficiary; Views of executives on NMTC program; Benefit for borrowers in areas that qualify for the credit.