The 500 Largest Municipal Portfolios at U.S. Banks
- New CRA Window May Spur Municipal Issuance in Gulf. Johnson, Matthew // Bond Buyer;3/22/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32344, p7
The article reports on the issuance of guidance by federal banking agencies to create a permanent 36-month period during which banks and thrifts can receive Community Reinvestment Act consideration in locations designated as federal disaster areas. The guidance is expected to help municipal...
- Massive Debt Makes State the Largest Distressed Borrower. Fine, Howard // Orange County Business Journal;11/17/2003, Vol. 26 Issue 46, p30
Reports on competition among investment banking firms and other companies for California's municipal bonds. State's financial problems; Bank of America's role as lead underwriter in a general obligation bond deal; Other entities involved in bringing bond deals to market.
- Capital Rules May Curb Munis. RAMAGE, JAMES // Bond Buyer;7/16/2013, Vol. 385 Issue 33945, p1
The article informs that the banking regulators of the U.S. have published two rules in July 2013 that may effect investment by banks in municipal bonds.
- Southwest Bucks a Trend. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;8/10/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31944, p1
Reports on the increase in municipal bond volume of banks in the southwest region in the United States. Amount raised in the first half of 2004, compared to the year-ago level; New-money and refunding volume; Issuance of auction-rate debt.
- The 500 Largest Municipal Portfolios at U.S. Banks. // Bond Buyer;11/16/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32260, p7
Presents a chart depicting the top five hundred municipal portfolios at U.S. banks.
- THE INVESTMENT MARKETS. // Banking;Jan66, Vol. 58 Issue 7, p14
Presents updates on investment banking in the U.S. as of January 1, 1966. Attempts of the First National City Bank of New York to seek exemption from the Investment Company Act of 1940; Changes in the municipal bond investments since 1963; Additional five companies joining the list of...
- Corporate-Style Muni Liquidity? // Investment Dealers' Digest;3/27/2009, Vol. 75 Issue 13, p11
The article reports on the call of a group of municipal bond issuers in California for a liquidity structure to lower costs and reduce bank risks of the bonds. It notes that the group is meeting with large banks to discuss terms of corporate-style liquidity agreement, however, none of the banks...
- Banks' municipal holdings up 8.8% from last year. Cintron, Ivan // Bond Buyer;11/30/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30529, p8
Reports on the surge of banks' municipal bond portfolios in the first half of 1998 in the United States. Data from Sheshunoff Information Services; New-issue volume; Bank-qualified deal volume; Increase of tax-exempt bonds in bank portfolios; Reasons for the popularity of municipal bonds;...
- The 500 largest municipal portfolios at U.S. banks. // Bond Buyer;11/30/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30529, p10
Presents a chart ranking banks according to the cost basis of their municipal bond portfolios in the United States. Includes Citibank; State Street Bank & Trust Co.; NationsBank; US Bank; First Union National Bank; Morgan Guaranty Trust Co. of New York.