Biggest Increases in Bank Portfolios: First Half 2001
- The role of banks in financial advice. Walsh, Mike // Chartered Accountants Journal;Oct99, Vol. 78 Issue 9, p10
Discusses the role of New Zealand banks in providing financial planning and advice services. Traditional use of bank advice for selling bank products; Typical process for providing advice; Demographics and political pressures causing banks to provide more investment advice; Advantages offered...
- Biggest Declines in Bank Portfolios: First Half 2001. // Bond Buyer;11/21/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31270, p39
Presents information related to portfolios with various banks in the U.S. in the first half of 2001. Bank with the biggest decline in portfolio; Percentage decrease in portfolio of New York City-based European American Bank; Rank of the bank with the lowest decrease in portfolio.
- Foreign investment puzzle. Preece, Howard // Finance Week;08/20/99, p21
Reports on South Africa's poor track record for attracting foreign direct investment during the 1990s. Massive inflow of overseas cash into fixed investments in South Africa despite poor bank figures during the 1990s; Rules of the Reserve Bank in determining what is regarded as portfolio...
- Bank Windhoek moves with the times. // Finance Week;8/30/2002, NAMIBIA p32
Features Namibia-based banking company Bank Windhoek as of August 30, 2002. Company background; Background on the company's corporate structure; Details of the company's modernization program.
- The Gold Mine In Your Backyard. Krebsbach, Karen // Bank Investment Consultant;Mar2003, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p8
Reports on efforts by the bank representatives to capture business of the high-net-worth investors in the U.S. Observations made by a research firm Strategic Insight, on the amount of funds made available to fund management firms in the year 2002; Percentage of fund sales in the year 2001 put...
- New York Area's Largest investment Banks. // Crain's New York Business;3/18/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 11, p20
Presents a chart depicting on investment banks in New York, New York. Lists of banks; Names of the heads of investment banking; Contact information.
- International derivatives guidelines issued. // Internal Auditor;Oct94, Vol. 51 Issue 5, p11
Reports that the Basle Committee on Banking Supervision and the International Organization of Securities Commissions have issued a joint statement giving advice to the international banking and securities industries on the risks of investing in derivatives.
- Investors pulling money from banks to get higher returns. Shankle, Greta // Indianapolis Business Journal;8/30/93, Vol. 14 Issue 22, p3B
Reports on investors' transferring of money from banks to alternative investments offering higher returns. Low interest rates; Preference for mutual funds; Bank's option of purchasing funds from the open market; Security of deposits due to insurance from the federal government; Decrease in...
- Banks Turning to Institutions on Revolvers. Nugent, John // Bank Loan Report;7/16/2001, Vol. 16 Issue 28, p1
Reports that banks are turning to institutional investors for commitments on pro rata and revolver tranches in the U.S. Factors contributing to institutional investors' interest in revolving loans; Terms of revolver deals.