Anticipating Tax Revenue Declines, Minnesota Looks for Cuts
- A Surfeit of Revenue. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;10/31/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31752, p43
Reports that the state of Wyoming is expected to reap about one billion dollars of unanticipated revenue heading into preparations for the biennial 2005-2006 budget. State's general fund expense budget for the 2003-2004 biennium; Impact of high natural gas prices on revenue from the state's...
- No Budget Means Raws For California. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;8/29/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31460, p1
Focuses on the proposal of state controller Kathleen Connell to issue a revenue anticipation warrants in San Francisco, California. Use of the warrants to pay the outstanding raws of the state; Requirements for the issuance of the revenue anticipation notes; Factors influencing the normal cash...
- N.Y. leaders turn to taxes, fees to balance state budget. Gormley, Michael // Adirondack Daily Enterprise;6/24/2010, Vol. 117 Issue 148, p2
The article reports on the search of Albany for revenue to counterbalance a state budget that is almost three months late in New York in June 2010.
- W.Va.'s Recently Passed Budget Raises Many Questions. Sobonya, Kelli // State Journal (WV);5/6/2011, Vol. 27 Issue 18, p37
In this article the author discusses the criticisms to the state budget due to the inappropriate identification of the unclassified revenue in West Virginia.
- As Utah Deficit Grows, Lawmakers Consider Tapping Rainy-Day Fund. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;2/21/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31329, p3
Reports on the fiscal 2002 budget deficit faced by the Utah legislators as of February 21, 2002. Possibility of increased revenue from the 2002 Winter Olympic Games; Cause of the economic slowdown in the state.
- ARIZONA: Scottsdale Eyes $28M Gap. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;8/31/2010, Vol. 373 Issue 33375, p7
The article reports that Scottsdale may face a 28.4 million dollars revenue shortfall as outlined in the budget review commission in 2010 in Arizona.
- From the Trenches: Top Budget Threats. Haggerty, Todd // State Legislatures;Jan2013, Vol. 39 Issue 1, p15
The article discusses the top threats to the budgets of U.S. states, which include the rising costs of Medicaid, the sustainability of pensions, and weak revenue.
- Revenues Up, But States Still Face $86B Deficit for FY2012: Report. Kaske, Michelle // Bond Buyer;4/20/2011, Vol. 376 Issue 33503, p4
The article presents the statements of the National Conference of State Legislatures concerning the 86 billion-dollar budget deficit encountered by several states in the U.S. despite the improvement of revenues.
- Revenue estimate shows surplus. // Hays Free Press (Buda, TX);12/28/2011, Vol. 109 Issue 38, p3A
The author discusses the release of the annual estimate of state revenues in Texas which is set by the state's Legislature at 81.1 billion dollars for the 2012-2013.