WISCONSIN: Thompson Two?
- Campaign fun for the whole family. Jackson, Hugh // Las Vegas Business Press;05/25/98, Vol. 15 Issue 21, p5
Opinion. Analyzes the politicians running for governor in the state of Nevada. Fund raising strategy of Senator Joe Neal; Popularity of incumbent mayor Jan Jones; Tax reform ideas of Kenny Guinn.
- So much for Neal's dangerous ideas. Myers, Dennis // Las Vegas Business Press;05/25/98, Vol. 15 Issue 21, p5
Opinion. Examines the 1998 gubernatorial elections in the state of Nevada. Shift in the emphasis of the Democratic party; Ideas of Senator Joe Neal; Importance of defining a candidate's identity; Problem of candidate Jan Jones; Strategy of Governor Lonnie Hammargren.
- Endorsing in primaries is critical. Drake, Barbara Mantz // Masthead;Summer2002, Vol. 54 Issue 2, p16
Describes the strategy of gubernatorial primaries in Illinois in using newspapers during elections. INSET: Focusing on purpose worked-almost.
- Conservative hopes for off-year elections. Malone, Bernadette // Policy Review;Sep/Oct97, Issue 85, p12
Overview of how these gubernatorial races in New Jersey and Virginia might advance the cause of conservatism. Republican governor Christine Todd Whitman's stake in the pro-choice position on abortion issue; Platform of gubernatorial candidate Don Beyer; Campaign strategy and platform of Jim...
- The Man in the Bubble. Tomasky, Michael // New York;10/28/2002, Vol. 35 Issue 37, p32
Focuses on the gubernatorial elections in New York. Campaign strategies of George Pataki; Agreement between Carl McCall, Tom Golisano and Pataki on sponsoring a three-way debate; Issues emphasized in the campaign of McCall.
- Gubernatorial hopefuls open campaign season. Hegarty, Liam // Fairfield County Business Journal;10/12/98, Vol. 37 Issue 41, p5
Reports on the start of the campaign season for gubernatorial candidates in Connecticut. Issues discussed in the first debate between John Rowland and Barbara Kennelly; Property tax issues; Death penalty; Physician-assisted suicide.
- Divisive Primaries and Party Activists: Kentucky, 1979 and 1983. Miller, Penny M.; Jewell, Malcolm E.; Sigelman, Lee // Journal of Politics;May88, Vol. 50 Issue 2, p459
How do campaign workers react when their candidate loses a primary election? Do they retire from the political fray, at least for the rest of the political season, or do they enlist in the winning candidate's general election campaign? And what factors determine these responses? Based on a mail...
- POTENTIAL CANDIDATES PUTTING OUT FEELERS. Graves, Brad // San Diego Business Journal;7/28/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 30, p19
Reports that a telemarketer from San Diego, California has been queried about doing last-minute campaign work for the gubernatorial race in the state. Placement of election-week telephone calls on behalf of a gubernatorial candidate; Exemptions of campaign messages from proposed existing...
- McCall should make an effort on LI. Kremer, Jerry // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);10/4/2002, Vol. 49 Issue 42, p51A
Provides tips and information in preparation for a gubernatorial campaign in New York. Observation on the advertising strategy of executive Thomas Golisano; Possession of aggressive attitude; Exposure of the reputation.