WISCONSIN: Accord Up in Air
- Wis. cuts: Too much, too soon. // Waste News;03/05/2001, Vol. 6 Issue 40, p8
Editorial. Comments on the state budget proposal by Governor Scott McCallum in Wisconsin. Cause of the budget cuts; Opposition on the budget proposal; Reaction of the media toward the proposal; Effect of the proposal on the recycling industry.
- Wisconsin Governor Proposes Tobacco Funds to Plug Budget. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;1/23/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31309, p3
Reports on the measures planned by the Governor of Wisconsin Scott McCallum to reduce the state's budget deficit. Plans to utilize proceeds from a proposed tobacco securitization; Criticism of the plan by the Democratic Party; Importance of the plan to improve the economic aspects of the state.
- Wis. governor cuts recycling budget. Truini, Joe // Waste News;03/05/2001, Vol. 6 Issue 40, p1
Reports the budget cutback proposal of Governor Scott McCallum allocated for local recycling programs in Madison, Wisconsin. Amount of decrease on the budget fund; Reduction of government spending; Lack of support from the public; Examination of the proposal by the Joint Committee on Finance;...
- WISCONSIN: McCallum Meets. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;12/5/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31278, p39
Reports on the efforts of governor of Wisconsin Scott McCallum to reduce the state's budget deficit. Estimated budget deficit of the state; Proposed reduction in the budget spending.
- Wisconsin's Hot Topic? Reforming the Budget Process. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;7/31/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31439, p36
Reports the reformation of the budget process in Wisconsin. Indication on the signing of Governor Scott McCallum into the law; Statement of the budget director David Schmiedicke; Assessment of the budget process.
- Wisconsin Faces Potential $558 Million Gap. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;01/29/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31065, p4
Reports on the potential spending gap facing Wisconsin in 2001. Release of the latest revenue predictions; Incoming Governor Scott McCallum's call to enact a mandatory spending cap tied to growth in personal income in the upcoming budget; Wisconsin state-level general obligation bond sales.
- Wisconsin Legislature Considers $1.1B Budget Repair Bill. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;7/8/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31422, p3
Reports the proposal of budget repair legislation by the lawmakers in Wisconsin. Elimination of deficit on the 2003 fiscal budget by the bill; Request for the agreement with the proposed legislation by Governor Scott McCallum; Debate on the legislation by the Senate.
- PARTY LINES. Keller, Bess // Education Week;01/10/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 16, p8
Features the appointed governors of New Jersey and Wisconsin following the selection of the states' governors by United States President George W. Bush for high-level posts in the administration. Expectation for Wisconsin Lieutenant Governor Scott McCallum to take over for Tommy G. Thompson;...
- Wisconsin Governor: Budget Shortfall May Top $1.3B. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;12/18/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31287, p4
Focuses on the economic conditions of Wisconsin in the fiscal year 2001. Increase in the budget deficit; Estimated amount of the budget deficit; Analysis of governor, Scott McCallum on the increasing budget deficit.