MICHIGAN: Think, and Try Again
- KISD, TISD close school; flu bug coming closer. Hannigan, Michael V. // Malakoff News (TX);10/23/2009, Vol. 100 Issue 43, p1A
The article reports on the closure of Kerens Independent School District (ISD) and Trinidad ISD in Texas due to excess absenteeism caused by flu bug.
- Dallas board votes to close 11 schools (w/Video). // American School & University Exclusive Insight;1/27/2012, p3
The article reports on the approval of a plan to close 11 schools in the Dallas School District in Texas which will consolidate the schools with other campuses beginning the 2012-2013 school year.
- Death of a school. // American Enterprise;Jul/Aug95, Vol. 6 Issue 4, p13
Reports on the closure of the Westboro, Missouri school district. Reasons for the closure; Misuse of state educational funds.
- School closure plan drawing anger, petitions. DONOVAN, BILL // Navajo Times;5/17/2012, Vol. 51 Issue 20, pA-1
The article focuses on the opposition of several communities on the plan of Gallup-McKinley County School District to close three schools in New Mexico in order to balance its 2013 budget.
- K.C. Board Schedules Closure Vote. // Education Week;3/3/2010, Vol. 29 Issue 23, p5
The article reports that the school board of Kansas City, Missouri voted in March 2010 to close up to half of the district's schools because of a decline in enrollment.
- Washington Schools Get Thumbs Up on Referendums to the Tune of $221 Million. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;2/6/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31568, p3
Reports that several school districts in Washington are headed for approval for the sale of general obligation bonds. Total value of bonds that are waiting for approval; School bond measures which are approved in the year 2001; Approval won by the Auburn School District.
- Denver's Aurora Public Schools to Fund Intial Face-lift with $150M Sale. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;2/28/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31583, p49
Reports on the plans of Aurora Public Schools to issue $150 million general obligation bonds in the United States. Underwriters of the deal; Ratings of the bond issue; Reference to bonds sold by the Schools since 1984.
- Buffalo, N.Y., Schools to Sell $185M. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;9/9/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31715, p1
Reports on plans of New York-based Buffalo City School District to sell $185 million in insured 20-year-revenue bonds to finance school facility projects in the western New York city. Approach towards school financing approved in the Buffalo Schools Act; Reasons behind the enactment of Buffalo...
- Pittsburgh School District to Sell $39 Million, With More to Come. D'Ambrosio, Gillian // Bond Buyer;9/23/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31725, p5
Reports on the marketing of general obligation bonds by Pittsburgh School District in Pennsylvania. Increase in education spending; Construction of elementary school; Removal of pyrite from the foundation of a high school building.