News In Brief: Trade Deficit Posts Record Decline
- Slovak Industry Attracts Interest. // Emerging Markets Monitor;2/3/2003, Vol. 8 Issue 40, p12
Talks about the progress of Slovakia in its efforts to emerge as one of the most attractive places to do business in the region. Discussion on the country's foreign trade deficit; Sectors in which the country gained a strong growth.
- U.S. services exports help narrow trade deficit. Enochs, Liz // Inside Tucson Business;8/20/2001, Vol. 11 Issue 19
Reports the impact of service exports on the trade industry of United States. Increase in trade deficits due to purchase of foreign made goods; Companies contributing to trade balance; Basis for calculating service export.
- Trade deficit will keep growing. Klein, Ed // Fairfield County Business Journal;3/3/2003, Vol. 42 Issue 9, p35
Reports on the economic impact of trade deficit on business organizations in the U.S. Closure of the general consumer packaging operation of HeadWestvaco Corp.; Recruitment of risk personnel at Weather & Energy Inc.; Completion of the senior debt financing by Trans-Lux Corp.
- Guest Editor's Introduction. Culahovic, Besim // Eastern European Economics;Jan/Feb2008, Vol. 46 Issue 1, p3
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one by Aleksander Aristovnik on relationship between current account deficits and economic variables for SEECs and economies prevailing from the former Soviet Union and another by Maks Tajnikar on determinants of...
- teleGRAPH. // Prague Business Journal;10/8/2001, Vol. 6 Issue 41, p5
Reports developments related to business enterprises as of October 2001 in Czech Republic. Impact of the decline in German demand to the Czech trade deficit; Plans of RadioMobil to utilize the global brand name T-Mobile; End of merger talks between Commerzbank and the Italian bank UniCredito.
- Trade gap narrows in October. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;11/25/2015, pA02
The article discusses the performance of the business trade in the U.S. which has experienced a declined of $58.4 billion on its revenue for goods and services trade as of October 2015.
- MANUFACTURING'S PUBLIC POLICY CHALLENGE. Panchak, Patricia // Industry Week/IW;Mar2003, Vol. 252 Issue 3, p41
Focuses on the proposal given by the Cost Recovery Action Group to the U.S. government concerning tax relief. Members of the group; Challenges faced by the business sector; Trade deficit of the country as of March 2003.
- A Bright Future for U.S. Multinationals. Baeder, R.W. // American Business Review;Jun88, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p21
Focuses on the performance of multinational corporations in the United States. Assessment of the global competitiveness and world trade position of US firms; Correlation between trade balances and profits; Impact of marketing and financing on multinational corporations.
- Asset markets, relative price shocks and trade anomalies in international real business cycle models. Nadenichek, Jon // Quarterly Review of Economics & Finance;Summer2001, Vol. 41 Issue 2, p183
Presents a study which modified a standard two-country, two-good international real business cycle model to eliminate the assumption of complete markets. Overview of the complete-markets model; Terms of trade shocks; Conclusions.