Tarrant County judge seeks alternatives for punishing criminals
- A reappraisal of diversification in the federal courts: Gender effects in the courts of appeals. Songer, Donald R.; Davis, Sue // Journal of Politics;May94, Vol. 56 Issue 2, p425
Examines three expectations derived from a prior study on the proliferation of female judges. Analysis of votes on appeals court decisions in three issue areas; Correlation between gender and stringency with regards to obscenity, employment discrimination, criminal search and seizure.
- A new wave of women judges. Leive, Cindi // Glamour;May95, Vol. 93 Issue 5, p106
Presents appointed women judges in the United States. Nancy Gertner; US Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg; Judith Rogers; Kathleen O'Malley.
- More women appointed federal judges. // Women's International Network News;Winter95, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p71
Reports on the appointment of more women and minorities in federal judgeships in the United States during President Bill Clinton's two years in office. Breakdown of federal judicial nominations under past American presidents.
- National Association Women Judges Honors 22. // Tennessee Tribune;6/24/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 25, p1A
The article reports on the recognition given to 22 women judges in Tennessee by the National Association of Women Judges on June 22, 2010.
- Florida Memorial University Trustee Elected Senate President in the Bahamas Filed in Appointments on December 6, 2013. // Journal of Blacks in Higher Education (BruCon Publishing Co.);12/12/2013, p18
The article announces the re-election of Sharon Wilson, a member of the board of trustees of Florida Memorial University in Miami Gardens, as Senate president of the Commonwealth of the Bahamas.
- Justice by Any Means Necessary. Cole, Marcia A. // Heart & Soul;Nov2002, Vol. 9 Issue 9, p90
Interviews Judge Glenda Hatchett about criminal procedure in Atlanta, Georgia. Concept of creative sentencing; Initiation of truancy program; Public assistance to juvenile delinquents.
- Supreme Court rookie Sotomayor has chores like opening the door. Gleeson, Michael M. // Hill;9/25/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 108, p3
No abstract available.
- KEEPING YOUR EDGE. // Association Management;May2001, Vol. 53 Issue 5, p96
Interviews magistrate Yasmin Chopin, chief executive officer of the Association Bureau in Rugby, England. Role of magistrates in English law; Why and how Chopin became a magistrate; How her being a magistrate affects her work in association management.
- Chief Justice Dubovcovï¿½: Judges must face the truth. Pisarova, Martina // Slovak Spectator;12/24/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 49, p5
Profiles Jana Dubovcav ï¿½, the elected chief justice of the central Slovak town's regional court in 1998. Contributions of Dubovcav ï¿½ to the improvement of Slovak's court system; Controversy raised by the corruption survey conducted by Dubovcav ï¿½ in April 2001; Her family and...