ISSUES ON DISABILITY ADVERTISING IMAGING IN MEDIA
- Social and Structural Constraints on Media Use in Incarceration. Lindlof, Thomas R. // Journal of Broadcasting & Electronic Media;Summer86, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p341
This study investigated the relationship of social-contextual features of incarceration to inmates' uses of media resources. Previous research indicated that inmates' modal responses to the incentives and deprivations of institutional life were linked to certain types of media dependency....
- The Media Dependence Model: An Analysis of the Content and Structure of U.S. News. Kennis, Andrew // Conference Papers -- National Communication Association;2009, p1
This paper posits an original model of news analysis that builds on past scholarship and applies unique improvements to bolster its applicability to describing patterns of news content primarily from U.S.-based, elite agenda-setting media. Primarily, this work attempts to demonstrate how the...
- The Cultural Impact of Institutional Remix: The Formalisation of Textual Reappropriation within the ABC. Hutchinson, Jonathon // M/C Journal;Aug2013, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p12
The article discusses the cultural impact of institutional remix with the context of ABC Pool. It focuses on the media dependency theory that depicts subjective reality with phenomena and the exposure to the media. It mentions that activism focuses on people and organizations that promotes...
- Consumul de ÅŸtiri, dependenÅ£a de media ÅŸi Ã®ncrederea politicÄƒ - o relaÅ£ie mediatÄƒ. BOŢAN, MĂDĂLINA; FRUNZARU, VALERIU // Sphere of Politics / Sfera Politicii;July/Aug, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p125
This article approaches the topic of the mediated relationship between news consumption, media dependency and how citizens relate to politics. Using structural equation modeling, the findings of a survey on Romanian adult population (N=1115) confirm that TV news consumption and media dependency...
- The coverage of persons with disabilities in American newspapers. Keller, Clayton E.; Hallahan, Daniel P. // Journal of Special Education;Fall90, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p271
Focuses on the media's coverage of disability issues. Portrayals of persons with disabilities; Possibilities for the improvement of the person's condition; Content analysis; Interrater agreement; Target articles; Descriptive information; Occurrences of questionable terminology.
- Helping hand department. // New Yorker;03/17/97, Vol. 73 Issue 4, p120
Cites a news item in the Healdsburg, California `Tribune' about a man on a bicycle who shouted that a man on crutches should throw away his crutches and get a bicycle.
- Campaigning and consulting veterans. // Access by Design;Summer2010, Issue 123, p34
The article presents a case study concerning the Manchester Disabled People's Access Group (MDPAG) which was established in 1998. It states that the organisation became a charity and a company in April 2010 and participated by various individuals including people with learning disabilities. It...
- Consulting in Adapted Physical Education. Block, Martin E.; Conatser, Philip // Adapted Physical Activity Quarterly;Jan1999, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p9
The purpose of this paper is to broaden the knowledge base regarding consulting in adapted physical education (APE). First, a definition and key characteristics of consulting are discussed. Second, a review of theoretical foundations and major characteristics of the two most common types of...
- UK public thinks ads don't portray disabled people. Mason, Tania // Marketing (00253650);12/5/2002, p7
Reports on views of people in Great Britain regarding failure of advertisements to portray disabled persons.