Marks & Spencer profits bounce back
- In brief. // Cabinet Maker;4/2/2004, Issue 5382, p5
Presents news briefs of interest to furniture industry in Great Britain, compiled as of April 2004. Sales performance of Marks & Spencer; Financial performance of Allders; Opening of Ultra, a showroom to independent retailers.
- DIGESTS. // Marketing Week;4/10/2003, Vol. 26 Issue 15, p9
Reports developments on issues related to marketing industry as of April 2003. Decline in the actual sales of Marks & Spencer PLC; Amount spent by BT in replacing the piper logo of the company; Launch of five own-label brands of Allders PLC.
- M&S was not alone in poor winter sales performance. // Cabinet Maker;1/14/2005, Issue 5421, p6
The article reports that despite holding two discount days in the run up to Christmas, home sales plummeted at Marks & Spencer PLC in recent weeks. Home sales fell by 23.3% in the six weeks to January 1, 2005 and by 25.2% in the 13 weeks to January 1, 2005. But it was not the only chain to...
- Allders sales inch upwards. // Cabinet Maker;5/31/2002, Issue 5289, p4
Reports the increase in the furniture and bed sales of Allders. Inauguration of the Oxford Street store of Allders; Reduction of the number of sales days; Layout of the store.
- Marks & Spencer Still Under Stress. Fallon, James // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;1/24/2001, Vol. 181 Issue 16, p13
Reports on the performance of British apparel company Marks & Spencer PLC in the eight weeks ended January 20, 2001. Decline in sales of the company's clothing, footwear, and gifts divisions; Apparel sales during Christmas 2000; Analysts' assessment of the company's performance.
- M&S ejoys mini boom. // Cabinet Maker;10/11/2002, Issue 5308, p3
Reports on the growth of the home furnishing sales of Marks & Spencer PLC in Great Britain. Effect of the changes to the furniture presentation on the sales; Categories of home furnishings; Plan of the company to open another store.
- New home concept helping M&S, but profits fall in H1. // Cabinet Maker;11/9/2012, Issue 5812, p10
The article reports that the number of customers shopping in Marks & Spencer PLC's home department has doubled in the stores which include its new Home format and also reports that the company showed a 10 percent decline in pre-tax profits for the first half of 2012.
- M&S homewares boost. // Cabinet Maker;1/24/2003, Issue 5321, p8
Reports on the increase of the homewares sales of Marks & Spencer during Christmas.
- News. // Estates Gazette;5/23/2015, Issue 839, p03
The article reports on the increase in the profit of retailer Marks & Spencer in the period ended March 28, 2015.