Marks & Spencer profits bounce back
- In brief. // Cabinet Maker;4/2/2004, Issue 5382, p5
Presents news briefs of interest to furniture industry in Great Britain, compiled as of April 2004. Sales performance of Marks & Spencer; Financial performance of Allders; Opening of Ultra, a showroom to independent retailers.
- DIGESTS. // Marketing Week;4/10/2003, Vol. 26 Issue 15, p9
Reports developments on issues related to marketing industry as of April 2003. Decline in the actual sales of Marks & Spencer PLC; Amount spent by BT in replacing the piper logo of the company; Launch of five own-label brands of Allders PLC.
- M&S was not alone in poor winter sales performance. // Cabinet Maker;1/14/2005, Issue 5421, p6
The article reports that despite holding two discount days in the run up to Christmas, home sales plummeted at Marks & Spencer PLC in recent weeks. Home sales fell by 23.3% in the six weeks to January 1, 2005 and by 25.2% in the 13 weeks to January 1, 2005. But it was not the only chain to...
- Allders sales inch upwards. // Cabinet Maker;5/31/2002, Issue 5289, p4
Reports the increase in the furniture and bed sales of Allders. Inauguration of the Oxford Street store of Allders; Reduction of the number of sales days; Layout of the store.
- Marks & Spencer Still Under Stress. Fallon, James // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;1/24/2001, Vol. 181 Issue 16, p13
Reports on the performance of British apparel company Marks & Spencer PLC in the eight weeks ended January 20, 2001. Decline in sales of the company's clothing, footwear, and gifts divisions; Apparel sales during Christmas 2000; Analysts' assessment of the company's performance.
- M&S ejoys mini boom. // Cabinet Maker;10/11/2002, Issue 5308, p3
Reports on the growth of the home furnishing sales of Marks & Spencer PLC in Great Britain. Effect of the changes to the furniture presentation on the sales; Categories of home furnishings; Plan of the company to open another store.
- New home concept helping M&S, but profits fall in H1. // Cabinet Maker;11/9/2012, Issue 5812, p10
The article reports that the number of customers shopping in Marks & Spencer PLC's home department has doubled in the stores which include its new Home format and also reports that the company showed a 10 percent decline in pre-tax profits for the first half of 2012.
- News. // Estates Gazette;5/23/2015, Issue 839, p03
The article reports on the increase in the profit of retailer Marks & Spencer in the period ended March 28, 2015.
- GM margin helps M&S deliver FY profit. Russell, Michelle // Aroq - Just-Style.com (Global News);5/23/2015, p4
The article reports the business profit posted by retail company Marks and Spencer due to an increase in the gross margin in the sale of general merchandise like clothing, footwear and homewares.