Argos sales pick up
- Poor furniture performance fails to derail Argos juggernaut. // Cabinet Maker;11/1/2013, Issue 5859, p8
The article reports on the increase in sales and profits in multichannel retailer Argos as of August 31, 2013, despite poor performance in its furniture sector.
- Argos' sales boost is good news for GUS. Friars, Austin // Cabinet Maker;6/13/2003, Issue 5342, p6
Reports on the increase in the profits of the furniture store GUS in Great Britain. Benefits of the sales boost of Argos for the store; Plan of GUS to sell the shopping business to the Barclay brothers; Increase in the shares of Laura Ashley.
- Argos boosts product offer. // Cabinet Maker;7/30/2004, Issue 5399, p6
Reports on the increase in the number of products offered by the home furnishings firm Argos in its catalog in Great Britain. Availability of the catalog; Increment in the like for like sales of the firm; Total products of the company.
- Argos reports first sales growth in five years. O'Reilly, Lara // Marketing Week (Online Edition);5/1/2013, p7
The article reports on the increase in the sales posted by British digital retail company Argos in the first quarter of 2013. It mentions that the sales of the company has reached 3.93 billion British pounds. The firm also announced that its operating profits were raised by six per cent during...
- Cementos Argos Releases Positive Third Quarter Results. // Rock Products;Nov2014, Vol. 117 Issue 11, p51
The article reports on the 16 percent increase in the financial performance of cement company Argos in the third quarter of 2014. The company reported increases in cement and concrete sales volumes amid the increased cement consumption in the U.S. It also reported 69 percent increase in...
- Argos warns over Christmas as HRG half-year sales dip. // DIY Week;10/21/2015, Issue 5785, p1
The article reports on a warning from Argos' parent company Home Retail Group (HRG) that the significant Christmas season by retailer Argos seems less predictable as HRG's half-year sales declined.
- Argos drives HRG uplift. // Cabinet Maker;10/26/2007, Issue 5561, p6
The article reports on the financial and market performance of furniture company Argos and its parent firm Home Retail Group PLC (HRG) in Great Britain as of September 2007. HRG recorded first half pre-tax profits increase of 40%, which can be attributed to strong trading at the high street and...
- Home Retail pushes ahead. Jack, Rodney // DIY Week;10/26/2007, Issue 5496, p1
The article reports on the decision of Home Retail to push ahead with product changes and store developments to further profit growth. The company has posted a pre-tax profit of Â£150 million for the period ending September 1, 2007. It details the types of enhancements the multi-channel...
- Division split offs lift market hopes. Friars, Austin // Cabinet Maker;3/31/2006, Issue 5481, p6
The article reports on the profitability of home furnishing retail stores in Great Britain compiled as of March 2006, citing the financial benefits of the division of Experian credit checking from the Argos/Homebase retail group. Marks & Spencer's gain easily lifted shares above popular price...