- The dying flame of reunion. Woodard, Joe // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;2/20/95, Vol. 22 Issue 10, p34
Reports that on January 21, 1995, the Canadian Anglican-Roman Catholic Bishops' Dialogue issued a statement, signed by 16 Anglican and Roman bishops, affirming their commitment to `the goal of visible unity.' Historical attempts of unity in the past; How they invited congregations to share in...
- Ecumenical winter or spring? Sanks, T. Howland // America;11/12/1994, Vol. 171 Issue 15, p4
Examines the outlook of the ecumenical movement as discussed in the 1994 International Congress of Jesuit Ecumenists. Major topics addressed; Institutional issues; Importance of the 34th General Congregation of the Society of Jesus.
- Societas Oecumenica: Europe beyond 1992. May, John D'Arcy // Journal of Ecumenical Studies;Summer/Fall92, Vol. 29 Issue 3/4, p501
Reports on the seventh consultation of the Societas Oecumenica, the European Society for Ecumenical Research, with the theme `Europe beyond 1992: The Redefining of the Ecumenical Quest,' which was held at Salamanca, Spain from August 27-September 2, 1992.
- Christian Pacifism in ecumenical perspective. Mellen, Elizabeth H. // Journal of Ecumenical Studies;Summer/Fall92, Vol. 29 Issue 3/4, p504
Reports on a conference sponsored by Goshen College (Mennonite) and Pepperdine University (Churches of Christ) the subject of which was `Pacifism in American Religious Traditions Other than Historic Peace Churches,' held at Goshen, Indiana from September 24-26, 1992.
- The next ecumenical movement. Heim, S. Mark // Christian Century;8/14/96, Vol. 113 Issue 24, p780
Focuses on the changes and the challenges in ecumenism. History of the ecumenical movement; Nature of the traditional ecumenical movement; Primary matters claimed by Christians that divide them from one another; Reasons for a renewed ecumenism.
- Ecumenism at home. Housley, Kathleen L. // Christian Century;5/5/93, Vol. 110 Issue 15, p477
Discusses the reactions of the author, a Christian liberal and member of the United Church of Christ, to her sons' deep commitment to a Southern Baptist church. The insight she gained by involvement in their youth group; How the theological concerns of the liberal denominations have been taken...
- Paulist fathers consider their ecumenical mission. Rivers, Robert S. // Journal of Ecumenical Studies;Spring95, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p303
Reports on a panel discussion for the Paulist community about their mission on ecumenical movement at St. Paul's College in Washington, DC on February 25, 1995. Panelist; Participants; Topic for discussion.
- Leaders ending 1,500 years of official schism. Frame, Randy // Christianity Today;1/10/94, Vol. 38 Issue 1, p51
Comments on efforts to heal one of the Christian church's most lasting schisms. The 15 centuries of division between the Chalcedonian and non-Chalcedonian (or Oriental) streams of Orthodoxy; Release of joint statement announcing `procedures for the restoration of full communion'; Significance...
- The ecumenical route. Godin, Christian // Diogenes;1996, Vol. 44 Issue 175, p119
Presents information on the religious ecumenicism, a synthesis of syncretism and universalism. Origins of the word; Detailed information on the issue.