Effect of Telemonitoring on Re-Admission in Patients with Congestive Heart Failure
- Readmission rates respond to collaborative process. // Hospital Peer Review;Dec2011, Vol. 36 Issue 12, p133
The article reports on the efforts of Alison Hong of the Connecticut Hospital Association to address statewide re-admissions for congestive heart failure.
- 450 Telemonitoring in patients with chronic heart failure - usage of telemonitoring for the outpatient care. Sprenger, C.; Kotsch, P.; Oeff, M. // European Journal of Heart Failure. Supplements;
An abstract of the study "Telemonitoring in Patients With Chronic Heart Failure--Usage of Telemonitoring for the Outpatient Care," by C. Sprenger and colleagues, is presented.
- Telemonitoring: the future for managing long-term conditions? McKinstry, Brian // International Journal of Therapy & Rehabilitation;Sep2014, Vol. 21 Issue 9, p407
The article explains the potential of telemonitoring in treating long-term diseases like congestive heart failure (CHF) and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD). Topics discussed include the Telescot-COPD randomised controlled trial revealing that telemonitoring raised the workload of...
- Keeping Tabs on At-Risk Patients. J. M. // Minnesota Medicine;Oct2008, Vol. 91 Issue 10, p16
The article reports on the benefits of telemonitoring technology for patient's at risk. In 1999, Saint Mary's Duluth Clinic (SMDC) Heart Center in Minnesota made a telemonitoring program for patients with congestive heart failure (CHF) and through that rehospitalization rate for CHF decreases....
- Clinical and psychological telemonitoring and telecare of high risk heart failure patients. Villani, Alessandra; Malfatto, Gabriella; Compare, Angelo; Rosa, Francesco Della; Bellardita, Lara; Branzi, Giovanna; Molinari, Enrico; Parati, Gianfranco // Journal of Telemedicine & Telecare;Dec2014, Vol. 20 Issue 8, p468
We conducted a trial of telemonitoring and telecare for patients with chronic heart failure leaving hospital after being treated for clinical instability. Eighty patients were randomized before hospital discharge to a usual care group (nâ€‰=â€‰40: follow-up at the outpatient clinic) or...
- Holland Hospital Receives Grant To Assist Heart Patients. Rent, Katy // Grand Rapids Business Journal;10/09/2000, Vol. 18 Issue 41, p28
Reports on the research grant awarded to Holland Community Hospital in Michigan. Funding of project aimed at improving the quality of life of patients with congestive heart failure; Reduction of rate of hospital re-admissions; Follow-up programs for patients.
- Impact of Home Patient Telemonitoring on Use of Î²-Blockers in Congestive Heart Failure. Antonicelli, Roberto; Mazzanti, Ilaria; Abbatecola, Angela M.; Parati, Gianfranco // Drugs & Aging;2010, Vol. 27 Issue 10, p801
Introduction: Congestive heart failure (CHF), which typically affects older people, is characterized by high short- and mid-term mortality rates. However, despite accumulating evidence showing that administration of Î²-blockers (Î²-adrenoceptor antagonists) can improve the clinical status of...
- Feasibility and Acute Care Utilization Outcomes of a Post-Acute Transitional Telemonitoring Program for Underserved Chronic Disease Patients. Davis, Cecile; Bender, Miriam; Smith, Tyler; Broad, Jason // Telemedicine & e-Health;Sep2015, Vol. 21 Issue 9, p705
Background: Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) and heart failure (HF) are chronic diseases that impart significant health and care costs to the patient and health system. Limited access to health services affects disease severity and functional status. Telemonitoring has shown promise...
- What Are Confidence Intervals? Connelly, Lynne M. // MEDSURG Nursing;Jan/Feb2013, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p56
The article discusses a study on re-admissions in patients with congestive heart failure (CHF), where some results were reported with confidence intervals, abbreviated CI. It further explains how confidence intervals help in relative and clinical significance. Confidence interval is used to...