Flip Chip Packaging: A Hot topic
- Flip Chip Processing Factors. Beddingfield, S. Craig // Circuits Assembly;Nov2002, Vol. 13 Issue 11, p22
Focuses on the importance of the implementation of flip chip technology for electronics manufacturing services (EMS) providers and semiconductor packaging companies. Steps involved in the flip chip assembly process; Factors responsible for flip chip placement accuracy; Aspects of underfill...
- Chip-package Co-optimization. McGrath, Joel // Advanced Packaging;Aug/Sep2006, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p24
The article provides information on the package-aware input/output planning for electronic packaging. It has been found that package-aware input/output planning is an effective design strategy through a chip/package co-optimization that helps enable first pass success. Such methodology is used...
- Cost and performance will drive convergence. Belani, Jack // Solid State Technology;Dec2002, Vol. 45 Issue 12, pS8
Highlights the importance of convergence and cooperation among chip and microelectronic package designers and engineers. Integrated device manufacturing; Cost and performance of chip and package design; Performance of the electronic system; Wafers and package designs.
- Current challenges dictated by today's IC packaging trends. Jewler, Scott // Solid State Technology;Apr2003, Vol. 46 Issue 4, p47
Discusses the contemporary trends of integrated circuit (IC) packaging. Emergence of ExposedPad system; Application of MicroLeadFrame; Use of three-dimensional packaging approach.
- Advanced IC packages keep silicon and systems flying. Morrison // Electronic Design;12/17/99, Vol. 47 Issue 26, p63
Focuses on the developments in integrated circuit (IC) packaging. Factors that instigate advancements in IC packaging; Features of chip-scale packages (CSP); Advantages of CSP over other types of packages.
- Subcontractor Update: More Profits, More Optimism. Demmin, Jeffrey C. // Advanced Packaging;Jan2004, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p19
Surveys the return of the microelectronic assembly and test subcontracting sector to profitability in late 2003 and early 2004. High revenues registered by Amkor and ASE in the third quarter of 2003; Optimistic outlook of subcontractors for 2004; Growth figures and growth outlooks from ChipPAC...
- Packaging Technology Combines Array Performance With Leadframe Cost. Morrson, David G. // Electronic Design;5/27/2002, Vol. 50 Issue 11, p36
Explores Advanced Interconnect Technologies' integrated circuits fine pitch packaging technology. Functionality and cost of the technology; Very Thin Fine Pitch Quad Flat Packages-No Leads packaging technology Very-Very-Fine Pitch Quad Flat Packages-No Leads technology. INSET: AIT's fine-pitch...
- Keeping Focused. FLOWER, GAIL // Advanced Packaging;Nov/Dec2008, Vol. 17 Issue 8, p7
The article discusses the cooperative efforts in roadmapping between different 3D packaging industry segments in Providence, Rhode Island. It is stated that for advancements in the performance of integrated circuit packaging, International Technology Roadmap for Semiconductors (ITRS) caters to...
- Achieving SWaP Reductions Through Advanced Microelectronic Packaging Solutions. Moore, Dave; Rosser, Steve; Blackwell, Kim // ECN: Electronic Component News;May2011, Vol. 55 Issue 5, p24
The article focuses on how to achieve size, weight and power (SWaP) reductions with the use of microelectronics packaging solutions in military electronics.