Kapton Tape: The Duct Tape of the Electronics Industry
- EFFECTS OF ATOMIC OXYGEN ON MECHANICAL PROPERTIES OF POLYIMIDE FILMS. Shimamura, Hiroyuki; Nakamura, Takashi // AIP Conference Proceedings;1/5/2009, Vol. 1087 Issue 1, p75
Effects of atomic oxygen (AO) on mechanical properties of polyimide films were investigated using surface topography observations and tensile tests. The ITO-coated polyimide films, which are expected to have a high durability against AO attacks, were also evaluated. Surfaces of polyimide films...
- Polyimide Membranes Formed on a Metal Grid Matrix by the Langmuirâ€“Blodgett Method. Luchinin, V. V.; Goloudina, S. I.; Pasyuta, V. M.; Panov, M. F.; Gofman, I. V.; Sklizkova, V. P.; Kudryavtsev, V. V. // Technical Physics Letters;Apr2005, Vol. 31 Issue 4, p341
An ultrathin polyimide membrane network has been formed for the first time on a metal grid matrix using the Langmuirâ€“Blodgett method. The ratio of the membrane thickness to the grid mesh reaches 1 : 1000. Â© 2005 Pleiades Publishing, Inc.
- Deformation behavior of ion-irradiated polyimide. Kucheyev, S. O.; Felter, T. E.; Anthamatten, M.; Bradby, J. E. // Applied Physics Letters;8/2/2004, Vol. 85 Issue 5, p733
We study nanoindentation hardness, Youngâ€™s modulus, and tensile strength of polyimide (Kapton H) films bombarded with MeV light ions in the predominantly electronic stopping power regime. Results show that, for all the ion irradiation conditions studied, bombardment increases the hardness...
- Pre-photoexcitation Effects in Ion Irradiated Kapton-H Polyimide. Quamara, J. K.; Mahna, S. K.; Kaushik, B. K.; Sharma, Anu // AIP Conference Proceedings;10/20/2011, Vol. 1391 Issue 1, p664
The pre-photoexcitation effect has been measured in the form of dark polarizarion under visible radiation in 75 MeV oxygen ion irradiated kapton-H polyimide. The variation of dark decay characteristics has been studied at different polarizing fields. The nature of the decay shows the presence of...
- flaming fords. Beckel, Michael // Mother Jones;Mar/Apr2006, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p20
The article reports on the use of Kapton plastic film in the vehicles of Ford Motor Co. A large number of Ford vehicles with Kapton plastic film has been recalled several times. The plastic film has been complained as the cause of fires in Ford trucks. However, the automaker has maintained that...
- Toray-DuPont invests in fourth film production line. // European Chemical News;6/30/2003, Vol. 78 Issue 2059, p23
Reports on the investment of Toray-DuPont in a fourth production line for polyimide film in Tokai City, Japan. Details of construction plans; Significance of the expansion; Demand for its Kapton film product.
- DuPont adds film line for electronic circuits. Lauzon, Michael // Plastics News;5/15/2000, Vol. 12 Issue 11, p1
Reports on DuPont iTechnologies' addition of a third Kapton polyimide film line at its Ohio facility. Amount of investment to expand the film line; Use of the film in flexible electronic circuits; Percentage that will be added to DuPont's global Kapton capacity; Characteristics of polyimide films.
- PHOTOINDUCED CURRENTS IN PRISTINE AND ION IRRADIATED KAPTON-H POLYIMIDE. Sharma, Anu; Sridharbabu, Y.; Quamara, J. K. // AIP Conference Proceedings;2014, Vol. 1620 Issue 1, p41
The photoinduced currents in pristine and ion irradiated kapton-H polyimide have been investigated for different applied electric fields at 200Â°C. Particularly the effect of illumination intensity on the maximum current obtained as a result of photoinduced polarization has been studied....
- Lithium cobalt oxide crystallization on flexible polyimide substrate. Ribeiro, J.; Sousa, R.; Vieira, E.; Rolo, A.; Silva, M.; Dupont, L.; Correia, J.; Goncalves, L. // Journal of Materials Science: Materials in Electronics;Jan2016, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p631
This work reports the fabrication and characterization of lithium cobalt oxide films (LiCoO) on flexible Kapton substrate. LiCoO is commonly used as cathode of lithium microbatteries but needs an annealing of 700 Â°C, which is not compatible with most flexible substrates. LiCoO films were...