CONFESSIONS OF A YACHT BROKER
- BECOMING AN EDUCATED CONSUMER. BROWNLEE, JOHN // Power & Motoryacht;Feb2016, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p86
The article offers suggestions on purchasing a boat. Recommendations include testing the boat for a sea trial, finding a center console that suit one's needs and determining one's spending budget for the boat. It advises on the maximization of the fishing space of the boat as well as on finding...
- THE SMART BUYER. Reed, Gordon // Soundings: Real Boats, Real Boaters;Jun2014, Vol. 51 Issue 10, p114
The article presents the author's "Boat Buyers Survival Kit" that can help those who are buying a boat. Topics discussed include the evaluative approach where the buyer looks at what type of boat makes the most sense for his intended purpose, the importance of considering the difference between...
- What Issues Do I Need to Address in a Boat Partnership Agreement? Weil, David // Log Newspaper;5/25/2012, Issue 920, p6
In this article, the author discusses various issues which are required while purchasing a boat in partnership through a written agreement. He mentions that there is a lesser chance of disputes among partners if a written agreement is drafted properly. He informs that a boat partnership depends...
- United States : U.S. Boating Industry Continues to Surge; Expecting Full-Year Sales to Grow 8%, Says GE Capital. // TendersInfo News;8/16/2014, p1
The article reports on the accelerated growth posted by the recreational marine or boating industry in the U.S., according to GE Capital. Topics covered include the expected rate of growth in sales for year 2014 in the sector, according to Commercial Distribution Finance (CDF) of GE Capital,...
- What Happens When a Seller Backs Out of a Boat Sale After a Grounding? Weil, David // Log Newspaper;2/3/2012, Issue 912, p6
The article provides an answer to a question related to the selling of boat by licensed yacht salesman in California.
- SHOWCASE FEATURED BROKERAGE BOATS. // Sea Magazine;Jan2013, Vol. 105 Issue 1, p50
The article lists several boats with their selling prices to be sold by brokers of the West coast in the U.S. which includes Rodiac, Rendova and Southcoast.
- Is There a Do-It-Yourself Service to Help Owners Sell a Used Boat? Weil, David // Log Newspaper;9/28/2012, Issue 929, p6
An answer is presented to the question related to boat sales and purchase services available in the U.S.
- Can My Marina Legally Charge Another Boater a Much Lower Slip Fee? Weil, David // Log Newspaper;4/12/2013, Issue 943, p6
The article presents an answer to a question related to selling and renting aspects of boat in California.
- B1G NUM3ERS. // Boating World;Feb2012, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p14
Several statistics are presented related to houseboats including the average water temperature in Lake Mead in Arizona and Nevada, the cost of the 115-foot Mane Decision houseboat, and the number of houseboats rented in Lake Cumberland, Kentucky.