- Missouri Governor Outlines $19.2 Billion Budget Plan. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;1/16/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31554, p4
Reports on Missouri's governor Bob Holden's plans for budget for fiscal 2004. Estimated budget deficit; Sources of revenue in the plan; Amount allocated to various programs and services.
- Missouri Gov. Vetoes Higher-Education Budget. // Community College Week;6/9/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 22, p2
Reports on the plan of Missouri Governor Bob Holden to veto the higher-education budget passed by the state Legislature. Reason for the plan; Tuition fee hike faced by the University of Missouri because of budget troubles; Goal of Holden for the higher-education budget.
- Change of Heart: Missouri Governor to Sign Education Bills. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;6/30/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31667, p38
Missouri Governor Bob Holden announced on June 20, 2003 that he would sign education bills passed by the Legislature, even though they are identical to measures he had previously vetoed over concerns that they shortchange the state's elementary and secondary schools and higher education....
- Missouri Lawmakers Send $19 Billion Budget to Governor's Desk. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;5/10/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31880, p31
Reports that the Missouri legislature sent Governor Bob Holden a fiscal 2005 operating budget. Status of proposed bonding measures; Passage of a Medicaid bill by the House and Senate; Higher-education appropriation; Proposal of Holden to raise taxes on cigarettes and casinos to help balance the...
- Gov. Holden Freezes $250 Million in Allocations in Missouri's Budget. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;7/07/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31671, p44
Reports that Missouri Governor Bob Holden has frozen 250 million dollar in spending allocation in the multi-billion dollar fiscal 2004 budget. Reason behind freezing of the spending allocation; Employment of the reduced spending money in public school and higher education funding.
- Revenue Consensus. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;1/14/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31800, p27
Reports on the projected revenue estimate for Missouri. Agreement between governor Bob Holden and lawmakers regarding the revenue estimate; Plan of Holden to propose tax increases.
- Holden's Reality Check. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;6/23/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31911, p31
Focuses on the budget for fiscal 2005 signed by Governor Bob Holden in Missouri. Worth of the spending plan; Reservations over the spending plan's failure to improve the state's economy; Proposed increase in budget by Holden.
- Missouri Governor Vetoes Education Bills. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;6/19/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31660, p36
On June 18, 2003 a day after the Republican-controlled legislature approved several bills that make up the $19 billion fiscal 2004 budget package, Missouri Governor Bob Holden vetoed the education bills because he believes the funding cuts are too steep, according to budget director Linda...
- Missouri Governor Seeks Tax Hikes to Help Education. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;1/23/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31806, p29
Reports on the announcement made by Missouri Governor Bob Holden concerning the proposed fiscal 2005 budget. Amount of the budget; Benefits of the budget for the state; Objective of the proposed budget.