MTA Approves 2002 Budget
- New York MTA Passes Interim 2003 Budget. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;12/19/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31536, p3
Announces approval of an interim budget by New York's Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA) to meet its spending needs until a final budget for 2003 can be adopted. Authorization given to executive director of MTA Katherine Lapp to schedule a series of public hearings; Options provided by...
- Straphangers attend MTA public hearings to sound off against service cuts. Barker, Cyril Josh // New York Amsterdam News;3/4/2010, Vol. 101 Issue 10, p31
The article presents information about the public hearings, organized in different parts of the New York in the last week of February 2010 to discuss the effects of proposed cuts in the budget of the Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA) on the citizens.
- N.Y. MTA Facing Big Deficit Without Even Bigger Refunding. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;
Reports on the capital budget deficit faced by the New York-based Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA). Need for approval of multibillion dollar refinancing plan; Outline of the refinancing plan.
- Intelligencer. Vandam, Jeff // New York;1/4/2010, Vol. 43 Issue 1, p9
The article presents statistics on a variety of topics including the budget deficit of the Metropolitan Transport Authority (MTA) in the year 1954, 1976 and 1981.
- MTA: $2.8B Budget Gap to Shrink When Savings Kick In. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;1/21/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31556, p4
Reports on the enactment of cost-saving measures for resolving the budget deficits in the fiscal year 2003 by the Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA) in New York. Description of the budget policy of MTA; Drawbacks in the budget policy of MTA.
- Analysts Sound Warning About MTA's Looming Budget Troubles. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;5/6/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31380, p1
Reports the budget deficit of the Metropolitan Transportation Authority in New York. Marketing of the transportation bonds; Need of cost-cutting measures; Increase of fare rates.
- N.Y. MTA Set to Release $12.04B Budget for 2011. Phillips, Ted // Bond Buyer;7/28/2010, Vol. 373 Issue 33357, p4
The article reports on the plan of New York's Metropolitan Transportation Authority to release a 12.04 billion dollar preliminary budget for 2011.
- N.Y. MTA Votes to Hold Hearings On Hikes to Balance 2011 Budget. Phillips, Ted // Bond Buyer;7/29/2010, Vol. 373 Issue 33358, p3
The article reports on the move of the New York Metropolitan Transportation Authority (NYMTA) to conduct hearings on fare and toll increases to help close a 1.03 billion deficit in 2011.
- N.Y. MTA OKs Slightly Fewer Service Cuts Its in Bid to Close $800M Gap. Phillips, Ted // Bond Buyer;3/25/2010, Vol. 371 Issue 33288, p19
The article reports on the approval of a fewer service reduction package to commuter train, bus, and subway service by the New York Metropolitan Transportation Authority to help close an 800 million dollar deficit for 2010.