Sealed Bids Invited
- Chelsea, Mass,to Float $13 Million Today In Competitive Sale of Bonds and Bans. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;12/14/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32278, p32
The article reports on the sale of $13 million of general obligation bonds and notes today by Chelsea, Massachusetts to fund various capital projects within the city. The bonds and notes will be on sale through i-Deal's Parity electronic bidding system, as well as by means of phoned and faxed...
- Tennessee School Bond Authority to Sell $17 Million. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;3/5/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31835, p3
Reports on the decision of Tennessee State School Bond Authority to sell its revenue bonds in the bond market in the U.S. Expectation for 10 bids for the sale; Rating of the bonds by Fitch Ratings Inc.; Maturities of the bonds.
- Trading Sluggish as Participants Hold Out for Election Results. Johnson, Anastasija; Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;11/3/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32003, p2
The article discusses about the effect of presidential election on the municipal bond market. The municipal bond market finished a touch weaker in sluggish trading, as participants mostly sat on their hands awaiting the results of the presidential election. When bonds did change hands, prices...
- Treasury 4-Week Bills Go at 5.160% High Yield. Ferris, Craig T. // Bond Buyer;2/28/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32577, p34
The article reports on that the U.S. Treasury Department has sold $27 billion of four-week bills at a 5.160% high yield in February 27, 2007. The coupon equivalent was 5.267% and the bid-to-cover ratio was 2.70. The bills have March 1, 2007 date of issue and are due on March 29, 2007. Tenders at...
- Weekly T-Bills Go At 5.035%, 4.950% Highs. Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;2/21/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32572, p2
The reports that the 91-day and 182-day discount bills of U.S. Treasury Department were mixed, as the three-months incurred a 5.035% high rate. Respectively, coupon equivalents were 5.171% and 5.148%, while the price for 91s was 98.727264 and that for the 182s was 97.497500. The 91s' median bid...
- Municipal Bond Prices . // Bond Buyer;10/25/2001, Vol. 388 Issue 31251, p39
Presents statistics of municipal bond prices of U.S. bond market as of October 25, 2001. Evaluation of bond prices by municipal bond dealer-to-dealer brokers; Calculation of change in bid; Details of bid in the field of education; Other bids with bond prices in different fields.
- MARYLAND: U of M Bidding for BABs. Timple-West, Patrick // Bond Buyer;6/15/2009, Vol. 368 Issue 33131, p9
The article reports on the decision of the University of Maryland (U of M) to take bids for its $144 million of revenue bonds in the bond market in Baltimore, Maryland in 2009. With a portion of the deal pricing as Build America Bonds (BABs), the U of M has decided to undertake bids for its...
- NEGOTIATED VERSUS COMPETITIVE UNDERWRITINGS OF PUBLIC UTILITY BONDS: JUST ONE MORE TIME. Fabozzi, Frank J.; West, Richard R. // Journal of Financial & Quantitative Analysis;Sep81, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p323
The article looks at negotiated underwritings versus competitive underwritings of public utility bonds. The U.S. Securities & Exchange Commission instituted a rule in 1940 called Rule U-50 which requires the competitive bidding on specific classes of utility bonds but it was suspended due to...
- Municipal Bond Prices. // Bond Buyer;9/8/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31714, p37
Presents financial statistics on 40 municipal bond prices in the U.S. bond market as of September 8, 2003. Value assigned for bids; Bonds ratings assigned to different bonds; Ration for yield to worst case for each bond.