- Schumer's resolutions. David, Greg // Crain's New York Business;1/6/2003, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p9
Reports on the possibility of Senator Chuck Schumer to contest for governor in the year 2006. Career history of Schumer; Plans of Schumer to contest from Albany.
- Schumer's New Tack: Tax Cuts. Lipowicz, Alice // Crain's New York Business;03/15/99, Vol. 15 Issue 11, p24
Reports on New York Senator Charles Schumer's proposals to reduce taxes in the state. Targets of Schumer's tax reduction; Reaction of the business community on Schumer's proposals; Schumer's efforts to build his credibility on taxes.
- Schumer mulls race for governor. Lentz, Philip // Crain's New York Business;12/23/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 51, p3
Focuses on the plan of senator Charles Schumer to contest the election for governor of New York in 1996. Political preferences of Schumer; Advantages that Schumer would have on winning the governor elections; Expectations regarding the performance of Schumer in the election along with the...
- Congress may help Goods-for-Guns. Davis, Riccardo A. // Advertising Age;1/10/1994, Vol. 65 Issue 2, p2
Reports on Representative Charles Schumer's plans to introduce a bill in Congress to give a 100 percent tax break to any corporation that would contribute to the group Goods-for-Guns. Original identity of the organization as Toys-for-Guns; Group founder Fernando Mateo's targeting of the airline...
- "In Their Own Words.". // Franchising World;Nov2007, Vol. 39 Issue 11, p49
The article presents a speech by Democratic U.S. Senator Charles Schumer of New York, delivered at the House of Representatives, in which he discussed the Business Activity Tax Simplification Act of 2007, a bill he introduced with Senator Crapo.
- Last laugh for Schumer on tax rates. Bolton, Alexander // Hill;10/13/2011, Vol. 18 Issue 139, p1
The article reports that U.S. Senator Charles Schumer will get a victory over President Barack Obama regarding the tax policy, in which the Democrats are siding with Schumer in setting the tax threshold to one million U.S. dollars.
- The ugly truth about Schumer's inversion bill. // Corridor Business Journal;9/15/2014, Vol. 11 Issue 8, p16
In this article, the author focuses on the legislative bill introduced by U.S. Senator from New York Charles Schumer on September 10, 2014, to combat the slew of inversions of companies re-domiciling abroad to escape the U.S. anti-competitive tax system.
- House Expected to Pass Bill Limiting State Taxes on Multistate Businesses. McConnell, Alison L. // Bond Buyer;7/26/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32431, p4
The article reports that U.S. House of Representatives is about to approve legislation that would restrict states' ability to levy taxes on multistate corporations doing business within their borders. The bill was sponsored by Rep. Robert W. Goodlatte. Senator Chuck Schumer has introduced a...
- Art Donors And Museums Rejoice. Leibell, David T.; Daniels, Daniel L. // Trusts & Estates;Sep2009, Vol. 148 Issue 9, p14
The article reports on the Senate Bill 1605 introduced by Senator Charles Schumer (D. New York) which calls for the restoration of the tax benefits of fractional gifts of art and collectibles to charity that were remove by the Pension Protection Act of 2006 (PPA). It states that the bill allows...