Wisconsin Investment Board May Drop High-Risk Portfolio, Director Says
- `Lack of care' costs fund. Barr, Paul G. // Pensions & Investments;7/24/1995, Vol. 23 Issue 15, p32
Reports that derivatives losses at the State of Wisconsin Investment Board (SWIB) were caused by excessive risk-taking. Report of the Legislative Audit Bureau; Recommendations of the state auditor; Actions taken and planned by SWIB; Opinions from State Auditor Dale Cattanach; State auditor's...
- WSIB Hunts For Large-Cap Analyst. Forde, Arnella J. // Investment Management Weekly;9/23/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 37, p2
Reports on the search for a domestic large-capital analyst by State of Wisconsin Investment Board.
- Wisconsin fund suit approved by judges. Barr, Paul G. // Pensions & Investments;9/5/1994, Vol. 22 Issue 18, p35
Reports on the Wisconsin State Supreme Court's approval of a suit filed by Marshall Burkes, a former executive director of the Wisconsin Investment Board, against current and former members of the board over his termination in 1989. Remarks from assistant attorney general Bruce Olsen; Appeal...
- Shiva, state spar over rules. Fulman, Ricki // Pensions & Investments;3/9/1998, Vol. 26 Issue 5, p37
States that a resolution with Shiva Corporation in Bedford, Massachusetts, was filed by the State of Wisconsin Investment Board, requesting that the company not reprice stock options without the approval of shareholders. How Shiva responded to the filing; Comments from Karen Wharton, a...
- St. Pat's day hit. // Pensions & Investments;4/3/1995, Vol. 23 Issue 7, p10
Opinion. Comments on the effects of derivatives-related loss in short-term investment fund at the Wisconsin Investment Board company. Losses of $95 million; Damage on integrity and trust; Cut in returns by 25 basis points in the short-term fund; Failure to review derivatives investments.
- WISCONSIN FUND PLANS IN-HOUSE PRIVATE EQUITY CO-INVESTMENTS. // Pensions & Investments;6/24/2013, Vol. 41 Issue 13, p20
The article looks at the State of Wisconsin Investment Board (SWIB) as of June 2013, reporting the board's plan to open a private equity co-investment program that will be managed in-house and cites the possibility of significant fee savings from such an investment strategy.
- Wisconsin audit committee questions state board's handling of investments. Kennedy, Mike // Pensions & Investments;11/26/2001, Vol. 29 Issue 24, p33
Reports the controversy of the investment of the State of Wisconsin (SWIB) Investment Board in Madison, Wisconsin. Emphasis on the investigation made by the audit and ethics committee; Assessment on the violations of the State of Ethics Code by SWIB; Reaction of Mr. the SWIB board to the...
- Wisconsin advised to control derivatives. // Business Insurance;6/5/95, Vol. 29 Issue 23, p45
Advises the Wisconsin Investment Board (WIB) on tighter internal controls to prevent a repeat of losses from financial derivatives investments. Update of WIB on derivatives investments.
- Wisconsin bill would limit use of derivatives. Barr, Paul G. // Pensions & Investments;12/11/1995, Vol. 23 Issue 25, p37
Reports on a bill pending in the Wisconsin Legislature. Bill's effect on the State of Wisconsin Investment Board; List of securities considered to be derivatives; Public hearing scheduled for December 11th, 1995; Information on person's involved.